PDA

View Full Version : Funky Em7add13 chording

Robert
March 30th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Here's another cool idea, with the same Garageband loop I had on that other March 2008 funk video.

This one goes between this Em7add13 chord and a G major triad, and then some muted picking on the D note on the G string. Lemme know what you think.

gtrwrks
March 30th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hip.

Spudman
March 30th, 2008, 09:22 PM
That was great. Thanks. Another simple idea for the toolbox.:AOK:

So what is the 13th the added C# or the open D?

Robert
March 30th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks!
The 13th is the C#. The 7th is the D. The root is implied by the bass line - I'm not playing the root note at all when I play this.

Spudman
March 30th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I play it with a little something coming from the open D and I like that.

Jipes
March 31st, 2008, 03:27 AM
Great stuff Robert really funky the way you mute and get that percussive sound. I just did a video on sunday on the same topic after beeing asked by a visitor on my DailyMotion channel ;)

What I found really hard is to illustrate slowly the rythmn part and explain the ghost notes effect It's really hard to explain and you did it quite well :AOK:

Jipes

tot_Ou_tard
March 31st, 2008, 07:32 AM
Great stuff Robert really funky the way you mute and get that percussive sound. I just did a video on sunday on the same topic after beeing asked by a visitor on my DailyMotion channel ;)

What I found really hard is to illustrate slowly the rythmn part and explain the ghost notes effect It's really hard to explain and you did it quite well :AOK:

Jipes

You are one funcky white boy Robert. I love this stuff.

Jipes why don't you post your videos? If they're in French, all the better ;).

Jipes
March 31st, 2008, 07:39 AM
Jipes why don't you post your videos? If they're in French, all the better ;).

I tought that don't really make sense here, everyone is english speaking no :confused: I keep on doing this for the french guys which have difficulty with english explanations that was a request from a guy on DailyMotion. robert has done a freat job which I guess perfectly cover the subject :bravo:

I just have to redo one vid for Matchbox Blues because number of english speaking have request me to do it in english :thwap:

sunvalleylaw
March 31st, 2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks Robert. That is Cool! Your explanation makes it so I can understand what is going on. I love it!

Robert
March 31st, 2008, 09:08 AM
Glad you guys like it! I love funk. It's good for practicing right hand timing as well.

player
March 31st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Excellent for a workout or toolbox as it has been called Thanks Rob :D

Blaze
March 31st, 2008, 02:09 PM
Glad you guys like it! I love funk. It's good for practicing right hand timing as well.

I ve you tried this guitar chord they play in James Brown (Sex Machine ) it s pretty cool too ..

Ciao

Frogie :rockon: