PDA

View Full Version : Anodizing Aluminum

tunghaichuan
April 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM
Or Anodising Aluminium if you're British :D

http://astro.neutral.org/anodise.shtml

Might be a good way to finish pedal enclosures. Very dangerous though :( Try at you're own risk.

tung

duhvoodooman
April 3rd, 2008, 05:21 AM
Just wanted to publicly apologize here to Tunghaichuan for my flippant response to this post. After reading about the anodizing process--which, as a chemist by training, I found quite interesting--I thought to myself it wasn't something I'd want to try personally, with all the other projects I have going on. Being in a rush at the time, I posted the single word response of "Pass...".

Though truly not intended that way, it was easily interpreted as rude and dismissive of his idea, which was NOT my purpose! I apologize to Tung for my thoughtless comment (now deleted), and will try to be more sensitive with my wording in the future. My bad, sir!

I know others here share my opinion that Tung has quickly become a highly valued & respected member of this forum with his wealth of knowledge & experience, and unflagging willingness to share it. His informative post deserved a much better response than the one I gave it.

Algonquin
April 3rd, 2008, 08:01 AM
Just wanted to publicly apologize here to Tunghaichuan for my flippant response to this post. After reading about the anodizing process--which, as a chemist by training, I found quite interesting--I thought to myself it wasn't something I'd want to try personally, with all the other projects I have going on. Being in a rush at the time, I posted the single word response of "Pass...".

Though truly not intended that way, it was easily interpreted as rude and dismissive of his idea, which was NOT my purpose! I apologize to Tung for my thoughtless comment (now deleted), and will try to be more sensitive with my wording in the future. My bad, sir!

I know others here share my opinion that Tung has quickly become a highly valued & respected member of this forum with his wealth of knowledge & experience, and unflagging willingness to share it. His informative post deserved a much better response than the one I gave it.

I was going to reply earlier today, but I didn't want DVM's very nice note get burried so I've quoted his eloquent response... good job DVM.

This is interesting on the anodizing process. I have a canoe with anodized gunnels (side rails), and I also carry an anodized cookset when I trip because of its strength to weight ratio. I never knew how you anodized aluminum, I guess I thought it had to due with some form of heat treating/compression... now I know.

Thanks for the post Tung! :AOK:

David

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
Both you guys are class acts. You too Gonqui.