PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster

Ironbird
April 1st, 2008, 04:12 PM
Hey there ..new to these forums..I was just wondering if anyone here has purchased a SRV strat before or if they own one?

Reason is,I bought one and am Expecting it to come in this week sometime.
What does it come with? I know it comes with a case ..but does it have a certificate ,some photos etc. or anything like that ?

Also,it seems people like the texas blues sounds on these boards,but it seems they would rather have a Jimmy Vaughan or Roadhouse strat over the SRV one..is this a quality thing or a price thing? Thanks,and Rock On !:AOK:

ZMAN
April 1st, 2008, 07:07 PM
I think it has something to do with 1570 for the SRV and 670 for the Jimmie Vaughan.

Kodiak3D
April 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
Welcome Ironbird!

stingx
April 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM
I think it has something to do with 1570 for the SRV and 670 for the Jimmie Vaughan.

$670!??! I paid about $500 including tax back on '05. Geez.

Ironbird
April 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah I figured it was a price thing...but for texas blues wouldn't you want an alder body with texas specials ?

hubberjub
April 1st, 2008, 10:29 PM
That's what's great about The Fret. This is less about spending your life savings on vintage equipment. It's more like Mcgiver. How good can you make a Squire sound using only a paper clip and a roll of toilet paper?

ZMAN
April 2nd, 2008, 06:43 AM
Stingx: See now your guitar has appreciated. When I quote prices I usually quote the Online dealers like MF. They are usually about average.
Your mileage may vary!
The SRV strat has been out there for a long time and there have been other guitars that are much less expensive with Alder and Tex specials.
This is just one example.
http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Fender-Deluxe-Roadhouse-Stratocaster
Don't get me wrong there is a lot to be said about the SRV. The left handed tremelo, and the 12" radius on the neck, might take some getting used to.

Ironbird
April 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I bought the strat without anyone elses input and i'm glad I did.

how somebody could substitute the This strat with JV's is beyond me.There's no competition.Texas specials are amazing ..the tex mex's i played on the JV strat in the store sounded no different than the ones on the squire standard ..it may have been the amp i was using ..or it just may have been Me i dono.

Conclusion is ..I'm happy I bought my SRV strat,and would settle for nothing else for blues tone! :)

hubberjub
April 8th, 2008, 01:32 PM
You got the better guitar. Glad you like it.

duhvoodooman
April 8th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Conclusion is ..I'm happy I bought my SRV strat,and would settle for nothing else for blues tone! :)
Photos, or you didn't really get one!! :poke: ;)

ted s
April 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM
If you are happy the the guitar and the purchase, nothing else matters.
Congrats !

Bloozcat
April 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah I figured it was a price thing...but for texas blues wouldn't you want an alder body with texas specials ?

Welcome Ironbird!

You got the guitar, and it's the one you wanted. Enjoy it!

People love the JV Strat for a lot of reasons. Here's some of the most popular ones:

Alder body (since 2000/2001)
All USA electronics (except the Tex-Mex pickups which are MIM)
USA Vintage tremolo with a steel block
Maple soft V-shape neck
Wired with the tone control moved from the middle PU to the bridge
Feels and plays great
Price

I don't know if this is still true or not, but the JV Strat used to be made in the US, then shipped to Mexico where it was painted and assembled.

So, even if the pickups are not to one's liking, that's a cheap upgrade compared to a much more expensive guitar's price.

stingx
April 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I bought the strat without anyone elses input and i'm glad I did.

how somebody could substitute the This strat with JV's is beyond me.There's no competition.Texas specials are amazing ..the tex mex's i played on the JV strat in the store sounded no different than the ones on the squire standard ..it may have been the amp i was using ..or it just may have been Me i dono.

Glad you're happy with your purchase but for future reference you may want to keep this old saying in mind because, to me anyway, you come across as a hump.

Remain silent and people may think you're stupid - open your mouth and you remove all doubt.

Ironbird
April 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
LoL ...I figured i'd get the ol' "pics or work". here It is : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32793&l=ade60&id=614400297

PS Don't mind the silly pictures there ..although i did meet one of the trailer park boys stars !

Tone2TheBone
April 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Nice geetar and super nice case. Congrats.

Ironbird
April 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Thanksss

warren0728
April 10th, 2008, 03:14 PM
looks great! :AOK: enjoy! :dude:

ww

sumitomo
April 10th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Hey that Fender Dunsonic is a nice ride also.Sumi

TS808
April 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I've played the Jimmie Vaughan signature strat before and was quite impressed. I haven't tried the SRV strat though...I've settled on two American standards.

If you like the guitar, that is what counts. I've heard some guitarists take a Squier and play through a Peavey Bandit, and it was tonal heaven, and I've heard guitarists play a PRS through a "boo-teek" amp and I wanted to stab my ear drums to put myself out of the misery.

In other words, if it works for you that is what counts. I've played the tex-mex pups before too (had them on a couple guitars I used to own,,,the original tex mex strats) and I thought they sounded pretty good.