PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Bigbear
October 18th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I already posted at the Squier '51 mods page, thought i'd introduce myself...
Stew Smith, Age 20 from Canada... Been playin guitar for a few years.... decided after alot of accoustic that i needed an electric... Was actually a fan of Robert Penmans site for a while now before i posted a comment.

My gear is a '51 with SD Pro 2 staggered neck and i have ordered a stagmag off ebay also... Graphtech Saddles and grover tuners.

Godin Radiator
Dean Markley K30X
Fender Blues Junior

Thanks for inviting me.

- Stew

Robert
October 18th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Welcome Bigbear!
Nice to see a fellow Canadian (although I'm not Canadian yet, but some day...)
Where are you in this land of Polar Bears and Igloos?

Was actually a fan of Robert Penmans site for a while now before i posted a comment. - what? You mean you post a comment here and then you are no longer a fan of my site? :(
Haha, just kidding.
Welcome aboard and hope to see more posts from us "Canadiennes".

marnold
October 18th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Wait a minute, nobody told me about Canadians being on here :)

Tone2TheBone
October 19th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Welcome BigBear. How does that Blues Jr. sound? I've always wanted one...especially one of the tweed ones.

Myles
October 19th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Wait a minute, nobody told me about Canadians being on here
More than you know. ;)

And Welcome Bigbear

Bigbear
October 19th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks

The blues junior is a small tube amp with maybe 15 watts... the tweed version i think your thinking Blues Deville... its a great little amp, lots of natural tube tone, has a FAT switch which you can use for more sustain.
I think the Blues jr. like mine only comes in black and silver face.

Tone2TheBone
October 19th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I was in Guitar Center today and I could swear I saw it again. A tweed limited edition Blues Jr. Much more in price than the standard black tolex one. I just called the shop asking about it and of course they aren't calling me back...they are horrible about that. Anyway I know people have that tweed amp from reading these posts...

http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=94318&lastpost=2005-10-1912:34:39

Ok I just called them back. Yup they do have a tweed Blues Jr. Limited Edition. $529.00 plus tax. Nice little amp...

Bigbear
October 19th, 2005, 03:40 PM
there are hints but no photos :D

untill i see it there is no such thing :P

I got my peeper on you bub:D

I wouldn't be surprised though... fender always releasing special edition stuff these days..... hard to keep track of

Tone2TheBone
October 19th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I'll take a digital pic of it this week. It's lovely to behold. I wouldn't pay full retail for it though.