PDA

View Full Version : Moen shower valve

ted s
April 2nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know how to get the @#$ cartridge out of one of these sumunabastages ? Handle off, cover plate off, u-clip out.. and then.. ?

thanks

Ted

Justaguyin_nc
April 2nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Plumbing-Home-1735/Moen-shower-valve.htm

Algonquin
April 2nd, 2008, 07:08 PM
I believe you need a little plastic tool to remove it. Stop over to Home Depot, they'll give you one. Moen has a lifetime warranty so when you get it out, Home Depot will give you a free replacement.

A bit of a pain that you'll have to leave the water turned off for a bit, but it's free.

:AOK:

ZMAN
April 3rd, 2008, 06:47 AM
NO they won't. I was at my daughters in Maine and took one into Home depot and they would not replace it They looked at me like I had two heads when I told them. I even got the Manager to check. So I bought it and brought the old one back home to Canada and traded it in for a new one no charge. So I have a spare one hand all the time.
You need a little plastic piece that is about an inch long and about 1/2 inch square. It fits over the top and you get a wrench and give the whole assembly a quarter turn and it pops right out.
They actually come in the replacement package. I keep one on hand for future.
You are correct though that sucker would not come out without the little tool.

Algonquin
April 3rd, 2008, 08:38 AM
Sorry to hear they refused you in Maine, but they did this for me already here in the Great White North.

Ted, Moen Ceramic cartirdges carry a lifetime warranty.

ted s
April 3rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys, good to know that a tool is required and that brute force won't do it. Glad I asked.

ted s
April 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
I went to Home Dufus er Depot today, I told the guy what I had, how old it was etc.. he gives me a warranty replacement out of a special magical drawer, I say.. "thanks, but it doesn't look like that" he tells me they are all the same it will work bla bla bla.

It doesn't fit. :thwap: jacka$$

I can't win over there..

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
I went to Home Dufus er Depot today, I told the guy what I had, how old it was etc.. he gives me a warranty replacement out of a special magical drawer, I say.. "thanks, but it doesn't look like that" he tells me they are all the same it will work bla bla bla.

It doesn't fit. :thwap: jacka$$

I can't win over there..

Nothing more frustrating than inept hardware store employees. Except for maybe inept music store employees.

Algonquin
April 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Well Ted, none of my business but..... How long's it been since you had a shower?:D

ted s
April 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
I luvs me showers argh... probably why it leaks.