PDA

View Full Version : Guitar building the fast way

Big_Rob
April 3rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
Heh, I wish I had awesome wood working tools available to me so I could build one from scratch

3t1ph6h_Tyg

Robert
April 3rd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Way cool! Seeing all that work, I am glad I buy mine in stores! :)

kiteman
April 6th, 2008, 06:35 AM
That was pretty cool. :)

luvmyshiner
April 6th, 2008, 07:58 AM
That was very cool Rob. And the kid who built it is only 16! I really enjoyed all the specialized little clamps and tools.

evenkeel
April 6th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Very Fun. Thanks for sharing. But since a simple set up is about the max of my abilities I think I'll continue to buy. :D

tot_Ou_tard
April 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Very Fun. Thanks for sharing. But since a simple set up is about the max of my abilities I think I'll continue to buy. :D
You could always use tee nuts & duct tape. Right Shiner?

luvmyshiner
April 6th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Whoops, I thought you said "three nuts" there for a second. The last time I made anything with three nuts I got in trouble with the medical community and the religious community for playing God. Come to think of it, the SPCA wasn't very happy with me either.:eek:

BUT, back to the subject at hand, tee nuts and duct tape will save the world Tot!:AOK:

just strum
April 6th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Pretty cool, but you could tell he was an amateur because he didn't make his own strings.

a lot of expensive tools he had there, need to build a lot of guitars for a return on investment.

I noticed the window in the background looked a lot like one you find in your living room. His parents were probably on vacation and he set up his equipment in their living room. The varnish over spray should be fun to remove from the carpeting:D

On a serious note, the kid did a hell of a job. I would be all cut up with all those power tools.

luvmyshiner
April 6th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Hey Strum, in one of the posts the kid said that the tools and materials for the build were about $1500. The cool thing is that apparently he didn't buy one of those kits where everything is already cut out for you and pre-bent. He made everything himself from scratch and even bent the damn sides with an iron of some sort.

He also has the entire build on youtube in seven installments. Maybe one of these days when I have time I'll check it out.

just strum
April 6th, 2008, 03:28 PM
the kid is impressive.

If I built one it would be already set for an e-bay U Fix-It auction.