PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Internet Connection

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Finally got hooked up with my cell phone company on broadband and all I can say is HOLY COW IT'S BLAZING FAST. Compared to the crappy assed dial up speed of 28.8K we were getting on our old fashioned computer modem this connection is 100 times faster than that! Youtube videos load on the fly without ever cutting off. Downloads are ridiculously fast. Itunes updates and iPod updates are now a pleasant experience. Now I'm going to be able to catch up on all the box.net clips you guys post!

WackyT
April 3rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Isn't it a lot better? When I first got DSL back in 2001, I never looked back at dial-up.

SuperSwede
April 3rd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the 21st century Rob ;)

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah really guys...it took me long enough! All I had to do was hear about it from my cell carrier that they offered it and I was on it like a player on a plexi!

This is the wireless internet data interface I am using...

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/kpc680-pc-card/features.htm

Takes up 2 USB ports on the desktop. I have the unit stuck on the side of the PC box with double sided foam tape so it's out of the way. I love it!

WackyT
April 3rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Cool! I'd love to be able to take my broadband with me on the road.

Justaguyin_nc
April 3rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
Finally got hooked up with my cell phone company on broadband and all I can say is HOLY COW IT'S BLAZING FAST.

WHERE YA BEEN BROTHER!
BROADBAND, That's OLD news...;)
Congrats!
:beer:

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
WHERE YA BEEN BROTHER!
BROADBAND, That's OLD news...;)
Congrats!
:beer:

Touche' dude! :beer: :D

Robert
April 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
'Bout time, Tone! Welcome to the modern world, hope you had a good time in the Middle Ages... hehe :)

No, you'll be youtubing all the non-wire can handle I imagine!

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
'Bout time, Tone! Welcome to the modern world, hope you had a good time in the Middle Ages... hehe :)

No, you'll be youtubing all the non-wire can handle I imagine!

It was crazy man! Last night I watched over a dozen youtube videos in less than half an hour! Each one loaded and ran perfectly...even faster than they load at work. Way faster. Just clicked play and they played. Even while iTunes was downloading upgrades at the same time! On dial up it would take 3 hours or so just to load one video and I usually never let it finish downloading cause it sucked waiting for it to finish!

Spudman
April 3rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
It's really fun at first...then after a while your brain speeds up and then the so called high speed connection starts to seem slow. Enjoy the honeymoon. You'll be wanting a T1 line next.:D

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2008, 02:06 PM
It's really fun at first...then after a while your brain speeds up and then the so called high speed connection starts to seem slow. Enjoy the honeymoon. You'll be wanting a T1 line next.:D

I know exactly what you mean by your comment about your brain speeding up. I found that to be true at work every time we've gotten new computers. I'm truly thankful for this upgrade though because dial-up at home truly truly sucked. :pancake:

luvmyshiner
April 3rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Good for you Tone. I couldn't imagine having to go back to dial up. I remember waiting for hours for a picture to download. And just about the time I thought I was finally going to see a nipple, I realized it was a nostril.:D :D :D

Tone2TheBone
April 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Good for you Tone. I couldn't imagine having to go back to dial up. I remember waiting for hours for a picture to download. And just about the time I thought I was finally going to see a nipple, I realized it was a nostril.:D :D :D

Or a toe! :rotflmao:

warren0728
April 3rd, 2008, 04:56 PM
I couldn't imagine having to go back to dial up. I remember waiting for hours for a picture to download. And just about the time I thought I was finally going to see a nipple, I realized it was a nostril
omg....i'm laughing my a$$ off!! :bravo: :beer: :rotflmao:

ww

Robert
April 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Good one, Shiner! I am still laughing at that one! :AOK:

player
April 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
oh the joy - never imagined using it for those type pics but to each their own.since high speed came into the scene,never going back - yeah next stop T1 :bravo:

just strum
April 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM

Even worse, it was the Animal Planet website.

luvmyshiner
April 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Don't underestimate the beauty of a chimp in lingerie my friend.:beer: ok maybe a few more of these-->:beer: :beer: <--legal disclaimer thingey.

Justaguyin_nc
April 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Don't underestimate the beauty of a chimp in lingerie my friend.:beer: ok maybe a few more of these-->:beer: :beer: <--legal disclaimer thingey.

Man, even Chimps get broadband!

P1AeCsIKq8g

can you view this now Tone? :)

duhvoodooman
April 4th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Welcome to the big time, Tone! Glad you finally deep-sixed that dial-up!! :AOK:

Spudman
April 4th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Don't blow a seal.:rotflmao: