PDA

View Full Version : Jamming over "Since I've been loving you"

elavd
April 4th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Hello everybody!

It's been some time since my last post here and I must admit that I missed you ;)

I would like to post a clip of me jamming over Led Zeppelin's "Since I've been loving you".

I post it because I am very impressed with the quality of the sound of my Trademark TM30 amp when I use it for direct recording!

For this clip, I plugged my Rockinger strat (neck pickup), then my Gibson ES335 (all positions starting from the neck) and then my Rockinger tele (bridge) directly to the amp. The output of the amp was led to the TubePre Presonus preamp and then to the soundcard.

I've later used some VST Reverb on SONAR.

I was too exited with the sound (and the backing track), so I didn't care too much of fine tuning the EQ in order to compliment the sound of each guitar. So I made a rough "preset" EQ using my strat and then I used it for all 3 guitars.

Also will will hear some audio clipping (especially on the tele part) due to the quick mix that I've made...

So, here it is:
http://www.box.net/shared/wraqxyg3ok

PS: I'd like to apologize in advance, to all Led Zeppelin fans out there...:greenguitar:

Steffe1973
April 4th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Great tune elavd!
Great feel & softness in the tone. You´ve been playing a long time?
Can you share the backing track?

Anyway, nice playing man!!

Steffe

elavd
April 4th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Thank you very much Steffe for you kind words...

I've been playing the electric guitar over 14 years, but I am a self taught guitarist...

You can find the backing track of this song here:
http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/led_zeppelin/since_ive_been_loving_you.htm ;)

Steffe1973
April 4th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Okey, I´m also selftaught. I´d never thought of taking lessons, I just got a guitar figured out the playing myself. The only diffrence today for people who want to start play the guitar is the easyness of the internet with all the free video lessons. But what the heck, I turned out quite okey anyway....

Have a nice weekend

Steffe

sunvalleylaw
April 4th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Nice touch and tone Elavd! And nice to hear from you. :)

SuperSwede
April 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Hey Elavd! Nice to hear some of your smooth trademark sounds again.. you and I know the tech21 secret :D

Rock on ! :R

ted s
April 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Nice job Elavd ! I just heard that in my car.. cranked !

elavd
April 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Nice job Elavd ! I just heard that in my car.. cranked ! :dude:

I feel very glad that you like it guys!!!

abraxas
April 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Hey Elavd! Nice to hear some of your smooth trademark sounds again.. you and I know the tech21 secret :D

Rock on ! :R

Hey!

HEY!!

You're not the ONLY fretters initiated into the Mysteries of Trademark Sound (r)! :D

Elias, as I also told you privately, great sound and great touch! :beer:

It's just a matter of experimentation to get excellent tone out of this "lowly" Tech21 amp! :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2008, 11:07 PM
(Broadband is soooo nice)

Great recording I really liked this!

SuperSwede
April 5th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Hey!

HEY!!

You're not the ONLY fretters initiated into the Mysteries of Trademark Sound (r)! :D

Elias, as I also told you privately, great sound and great touch! :beer:

It's just a matter of experimentation to get excellent tone out of this "lowly" Tech21 amp! :AOK:

Abraxas! Friend! Can you forgive me, oh sansamp comrade!

heres a beer for ya : :beer:

stingx
April 7th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Firstly, the tone on this track is to die for - oh but that reverb sounds great. Secondly, the phrasing is tasty and holds the listener's interest. Finally, the mix is really quite good. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed this. :beer:

elavd
April 7th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Thank you stingx for your kind words ;)

that reverb sounds great.

It's SONAR's Lexicon VST reverb ;)

abraxas
April 7th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Abraxas! Friend! Can you forgive me, oh sansamp comrade!

heres a beer for ya : :beer:

[Abraxas sounding sceptical:] "Forgive you? Don't know mate, it depends on your national football team being "good" to our team..." :poke:

Naaaah, we are all Brothers in Tone, anyway! :D

SuperSwede
April 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
[Abraxas sounding sceptical:] "Forgive you? Don't know mate, it depends on your national football team being "good" to our team..." :poke:

Naaaah, we are all Brothers in Tone, anyway! :D

I´ll have a chat with Zlatan and see if he can fake a broken leg or something..