PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Intro

just strum
April 5th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I notice a lot or at least some new fretters pass over "The Fret Players". Sometimes it may be intentional, but I think people tend to miss it.

A couple of thoughts.

1) Put it as the first section in the list.

2) Change the name to something like "Your Solo - The Fret Players" or "Your Intro - The Fret Players".

You could go with "Hey Stupid, Start Here", but that's not really a good introduction to the forum and I wouldn't see membership climbing with that approach.

Just some thoughts along with my 2 cents.

sunvalleylaw
April 6th, 2008, 09:24 AM
It has been a while since I signed up, but I followed the traditional track and asked a question first, then was kindly directed to the players section for intro. Maybe a notice or direction could be made part of the registration process.

just strum
April 6th, 2008, 09:27 AM
It has been a while since I signed up, but I followed the traditional track and asked a question first, then was kindly directed to the players section for intro. Maybe a notice or direction could be made part of the registration process.

We should probably cover the notification that Spud will want and make a comment about beer money.:beer:

edit: Steve, I did the same as you and made a post or two before being directed to The Fret Players section - A request that they probably now regret.

Algonquin
April 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Steve, I did the same as you and made a post or two before being directed to The Fret Players section - A request that they probably now regret.
Not a chance!