PDA

View Full Version : Tôt ou tard - Marie-Mai

Algonquin
April 6th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I know nothing about the artist, but heck... with a song title like this you have to give a listen! :AOK:

Aux1w5uVN6Y

SuperSwede
April 6th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Nice find! Translation anyone? ;)

tot_Ou_tard
April 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM
tot Ou tard is actually a music label in France. I stole their logo for my avatar

http://www.totoutard.com/

I listened to a lot of French music when I was teaching myself to speak French.

tot Ou tard (pronouced kind'a like toe ooo tar' ) means sooner or later. It's become my motto, because sooner or later I'll be able to do what I'm focusing on. Then it was French, now it is guitar.

Here's a movie I've never seen, but I guess that I will, tot Ou tard.

sunvalleylaw
April 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Ah, sooner or later, secrets are revealed!

ted s
April 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I've often wondered what tot's handle meant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tot_ou_tard

tot_Ou_tard
April 6th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Ah, sooner or later, secrets are revealed!
I posted most of this (except the connection to the French music label) in my meet the Fretters post about a week after I joined. But you weren't around then.

BTW, one of the bands on that label: The Fabulous Trobadors actually sing (or rap) alot of their songs in Occitan (a regional dialect in Sothern France).
I can't understand it, but their music is alot of fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabulous_Trobadors

just strum
April 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Translation anyone? ;)

I caught part of it - tot is one hot strapping lad from another world. It then goes on to say something about his bedroom prowess. The rest of it cannot be posted here.

warren0728
April 6th, 2008, 11:58 AM
tot Ou tard is actually a music label in France. I stole their logo for my avatar
i always thought it was just a high class version of tater tot's! :beer:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
April 6th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I caught part of it - tot is one hot strapping lad from another world. It then goes on to say something about his bedroom prowess. The rest of it cannot be posted here.
Yeah, I know. I wrote the lyrics ;).

Hey this is my 3,333th post. A third of the way to 10 grand and the remaining
6,667 will be pretty much like this one :rotflmao: .

Hey Rev Radar what name would you give the number 6,667?

sunvalleylaw
April 6th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I posted most of this (except the connection to the French music label) in my meet the Fretters post about a week after I joined. But you weren't around then.

You know, you bring up a good point again. One of these days when I am watching TV or something, I should go ahead and surf back through the into posts I missed before I joined. I have come to "know" the active members, but it would be fun to read the early intros. :beer:

tot_Ou_tard
April 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
i always thought it was just a high class version of tater tot's! :beer:

ww
It is, except for the high-class part ;).

Tone2TheBone
April 7th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Everytime I see tOt in here I hear French accordian music playing. heh

Jampy
April 7th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I was worried about the Tard and village idiot thing. I thought you were reffering to yourself as being a little wild and free. Now that I know the meaning it makes perfect sence.
:thwap:

sumitomo
April 7th, 2008, 10:05 AM
AhHa I knew you were one smart tater there Tot especially when I read village idot.Sumi