PDA

View Full Version : One of my older tunes...

monkfish1979
April 6th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Given that I'm lazy these days. This is maybe 2 - 3 years old, me and my acoustic, vox and G at the same time, cos (as I already said) i'm lazy.....

Anyhoo, hope you enjoy!

http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSkZFi3YGk

helliott
April 6th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Very nice fingerpicking. The vocals are great -- wish I could come half that close to properly singing. I think the mix is just a tad muddy -- maybe a bit more high eq on the guitar. Very cool overall.

monkfish1979
April 6th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Very nice fingerpicking. The vocals are great -- wish I could come half that close to properly singing. I think the mix is just a tad muddy -- maybe a bit more high eq on the guitar. Very cool overall.

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for listening!

Never been happy with that mix - the microphones I used cost about £20 each and I don't have the original tracks any more. Thinking of re-recording it all together, tbh.

Steffe1973
April 7th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Nice playing and song!! I have made a song that I´m gonna send to the Eurovision song contest and I think youre voice would suit the song very well!!
Would you be interested in hearing it? In case if you like it, can you record the song tracks at home?

Steffe

monkfish1979
April 7th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Sure. It'd be a pleasure.

Steffe1973
April 7th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Great!!
Can you e-mail me? You can NOT play this tune to ANYONE because of the rules in the contest. Okey??? I will send you with vocals (long vesrion) and one without the vocals so you can do youre thing vocally. Do not post anything about the song in any forum what so ever!
I think we will have a winner here!

Steffe

Justaguyin_nc
April 7th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Very nice vocals and playing..

That was the first time I been to garageband for a song..
Nice all around.. thanks for sharing
:beer:

SuperSwede
April 7th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Nice recording! Not very far from Pearl Jam :)