PDA

View Full Version : Any keyboard players?

pes_laul
April 6th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure where this thread would fit , feel free to move it.

So I'm just curious does anyone here play keyboards or piano? I'm just curious because I've never heard anybody mention it. If so what kind of keyboard/piano do you have? I have a yamaha something (name doesn't come to mind) whenever I go up to my dads house I use a casio something.

sunvalleylaw
April 6th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I played a lot as a kid and through high school, getting pretty far in some classical, and some pop/jazz stuff. But that was many, many moons ago. Other than a couple of attempts to get back into it in my 30s, but with no follow through, I have not played really since.

We received a nice Yamaha keyboard for Christmas, and I hope to get more back into it. All I have done so far is noodle around a little with stuff I knew as a kid. Wintertime has big time constraints for me. I hope to set up a little recording studio type thing with the keyboard, that has a lot of drums, sounds, horns, strings, whatever you want, and the guitars. We'll see how much real life time I have for it.

Naz Nomad
April 7th, 2008, 03:37 AM
I started out playing keyboards as a kid ... still have a Roland JX-3P and a Roland SH-101 ... both currently sitting in flight-cases in the back of my wardrobe.:eek:

pes_laul
April 7th, 2008, 05:08 AM
I know this band "elected" me as a part time member to play keyboards, and on one or two songs I play guitar. that should be fun

SuperSwede
April 7th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I´ve played keyboard for around 20 years. Unfortunately I sold my Roland a while ago and I still havent invested in a new. I really dig "real" synths/keyboards and I would really love one of those new fancy Junos.

sunvalleylaw
April 7th, 2008, 09:32 AM
This is the one we got. It has weighted keys and a piano feel, but has lots of effects which look really cool. I hope to find time to experiment with recording with them.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-YPG625-88Key-Weighted-Portable-Grand-Keyboard?sku=707462

This is the model number we got, but it is the same thing, just labeled differently. We purchased it at costco for less than the MF price.

http://music.yamaha.com/products/main.html?productId=1206