PDA

View Full Version : A demo of my Marshall Silver Jubilee amp

Tone2TheBone
April 7th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I posted 4 videos I did over the weekend of my Marshall amp on youtube. Robert wanted to hear what it sounded like in high gain mode so he asked me to make a few vids for him. I did a couple of things using my Strat too just so he'd hear how versatile the amp is although I should also have done a clean sounding vid....but we already know what clean sounds like! I wanted him to hear how great the amp's tone was without any pedals...just guitar into amp. The videos show my guitar being plugged into the Digitech EX-7 though but the pedal wasn't on and in the very last video I pull the cable out of the pedal and plug it back into the Jubilee to show Robert that the pedal had nothing to do with the sound of the amp. Anyway here are the vids below...

BT2cVkmmNzg

Kbl4u-CZoQk

0iP8Tn-jkb8

WswHchv4Ss8

Robert
April 7th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Sounds great, Tone! You rawk.

Algonquin
April 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Killer Tone! :AOK:

Sweet LP to go along with that awesome combo.

Cheers! :beer:

duhvoodooman
April 7th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Great tone from the Jube, on both guitars. And that playin' was none too shabby, either! :master: :AOK: :dude: :rockon:

mrmudcat
April 7th, 2008, 03:45 PM
JUBE VIBE WOOHOO:master:

Justaguyin_nc
April 7th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Man, As Randy Jackson on American Idol would say..

Dude..dude..listen up man... you RAWK baby!

Really enjoyed those tones tone!
I bet he used his broadband to upload those...
there is no stopping him now!
:dude:

warren0728
April 7th, 2008, 04:18 PM
very nice tone tone! and those plaid pants in the first video are rockin' too! :bravo:

my kids always get me a pair of plaid jam's for christmas because they know i almost always wear plaid shorts and such... :thwap:

ww

Robert
April 7th, 2008, 04:53 PM
because they know i almost always wear plaid shorts and such... :thwap:

ww

Or, sometimes nothing at all! :eek:

warren0728
April 7th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Or, sometimes nothing at all! :eek:
you got me on that one.... :pancake:

ww

sunvalleylaw
April 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Tone vids!!!!!! Awesome!! I gotta watch 'em all later.

hubberjub
April 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I want one.

sumitomo
April 7th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Yes Sir great tone Tone Im G.A.S.-in.Sumi

sunvalleylaw
April 7th, 2008, 09:59 PM
very nice tone tone! and those plaid pants in the first video are rockin' too! :bravo:

my kids always get me a pair of plaid jam's for christmas because they know i almost always wear plaid shorts and such... :thwap:

ww

Yah, those pants are awesome, along with the fast fingers demo. That rocked!! :R

I like my plaid jammie pants too! Maybe I should play in them if Tone's plaid jammies have mojo like that. Maybe jammies AND crocs!

But back to the point, awesome demos and great sounds. I have marshall jealousy now. :AOK:

SuperSwede
April 8th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Toneman! That was great. I love that Marshall sound :)
And the plaid pants was a rock´n´roll guitarists dream come true.

Kazz
April 8th, 2008, 04:28 AM
wow....Les Paul direct into the amp.....great tone....

M29
April 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Oh my oh my goodness.............................that was sweet:rockon: Thank you:D

M

Tone2TheBone
April 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Thank YOU guys. Plaid pants = pajamas. Warren's the winner! Notice how I not only forgot to unplug myself from the EX-7 before I recorded...but also how I forgot to put my jeans on too (see last vid where I have them on). Of course I could have pulled a Warren also and walked in front of the cam without anything on holding a griddle of pancakes. :D

Alright Mr. Renman. I think a nice Silver Jubilee would be a good addition to your Heatseeker. Fender amps and a bunch of other amps are great but there's nothing like the Marshall tone and output. It's up to you now buddy. Go for it!

Robert
April 8th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I would like one! My buddy who runs a music store is telling me I should by one of the reissues (1987x or 1959SLP) on a discount via him.... hmmm...

Tone2TheBone
April 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I would like one! My buddy who runs a music store is telling me I should by one of the reissues (1987x or 1959SLP) on a discount via him.... hmmm...

Discount? What are you waiting for. Do it mang!

Plank_Spanker
April 8th, 2008, 03:16 PM
T2B,

You ROCK, man! :rockon:

Great clips - I had to laugh on the last one when you unplugged and went straight in. :rotflmao:

The lead player in my previous band had a Slash signature Marshall, and it was the best sounding Marshall I've ever personally heard.

If you ever tire of your Jubilee, let me know. I'll make a good home for it...........:D

Tone2TheBone
April 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
T2B,

You ROCK, man! :rockon:

Great clips - I had to laugh on the last one when you unplugged and went straight in. :rotflmao:

The lead player in my previous band had a Slash signature Marshall, and it was the best sounding Marshall I've ever personally heard.

If you ever tire of your Jubilee, let me know. I'll make a good home for it...........:D

Thanks Plank! Yeah I kinda jumped the gun on recording. Pajamas and EX-7s. But I was so psyched to video something I lost my mind for a while there. heh I'd love to have a go at your Germino but I'd have to hold on to the Jube buddy. Although I would lend it to you for some outdoor photos session, a juicy steak and a few brews in your backyard. :beer:

sunvalleylaw
April 8th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Well, I settled a big case and had some time so watched them all now. I love Tone2theBone clips! Great sounds from both guitars. I want a LP type, but(and) I love that strat sound through that amph too! That amph sounds super nice!

M29
April 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Great playing Tone! What speaker does your Jubilee have in it?

M

just strum
April 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Nice sound there Tone. I like the little chuckle in response to the feedback in the last clip. Jimi who?

Tone2TheBone
April 8th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Great playing Tone! What speaker does your Jubilee have in it?

M

Thanks Barry! I've got a set of original Celestion Vintage 30s in there (16 ohms wired parallel). Completely broken in literally. I've banged up the amp here and there over the years both on the roads of NM and at homes, friends homes and neighbors homes and even stranger's homes. :eek: At times I think one of them is torn but I'm not completely sure because the torn speaker symptoms go away when I'm playing hard and loud. If one of them is indeed torn I'll replace it with a Veteran 30 (Celestion V30 clone) from Warehouse Guitar Speakers. I put one in my Blues Jr. and I love it.

Tone2TheBone
April 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Nice sound there Tone. I like the little chuckle in response to the feedback in the last clip. Jimi who?

Thank you strum. I laughed out loud because I walked into the cam to play for Robert on 2 of the vids. I was standing behind the coffee table set up in front of the amp so that I could put the cam on top of it to record. I walked around the front and bowed down to briefly play a few notes which I found hard to do at that angle btw on one of the clips before the last. Finally by the end I had enough sense not only to change pants to do the last cameo but also to unplug the EX-7 pedal I was plugged into the entire time. Before I set up the cam to record I was messing around with the Strat and the EX-7 and forgot that I was still connected to it. Anyway I usually hide on camera shots so putting myself in front of one struck me as a funny thing to do. My youngest daughter was watching me do the last vid and she was all smiles as she found it hilarious to see me talking into a small silver camera sitting on a table. :)

just strum
April 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Cool avatar too!!!

SuperSwede
April 9th, 2008, 10:55 AM
And now.... Goldtop clips....Please! :-)

Tone2TheBone
April 9th, 2008, 10:58 AM
And now.... Goldtop clips....Please! :-)

I plan on doing some with the '56 Goldtop and the 50s Strat thanks to your suggestion dude.

SuperSwede
April 9th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I plan on doing some with the '56 Goldtop and the 50s Strat thanks to your suggestion dude.

Yeah.. lemme hear some clean neck sounds from your 50´s strat :beer:

Tone2TheBone
April 9th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah.. lemme hear some clean neck sounds from your 50´s strat :beer:

Done. I'll get going on that this weekend. :beer:

Lev
April 9th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I was about to give out to you for being so camera shy... then you gave that "Hey Dude" wave in the last video :D

Great tone, would love to hear the Goldtop too.... more please...:bravo:

M29
April 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
This kind of tone we could listen to for hours. Get all them gitars out:D

M

peachhead
April 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Man, those are great- more would be even better :D

warren0728
April 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM
more would be even better :D
more....more....more....more....

did i mention more would be a good thing! :beer:

ww

Tone2TheBone
April 9th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I'd put more for the chimp you bet. :)

sunvalleylaw
April 9th, 2008, 10:34 PM
So do you know if Marshall makes anything now that compares?

Tone2TheBone
April 10th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Nope they don't make them like this anymore. The originals like mine came out in 1987 and then they did some limited edition Slash models in 1996. Only a few of them were made. Your best bet is Ebay or local classifieds or music stores and even then they're hard to come by and they sell for more than the original price.

duhvoodooman
April 10th, 2008, 08:25 AM
So do you know if Marshall makes anything now that compares?
I've read some excellent reviews of their new Vintage Modern series amps, but you'll pay for the privilege of ownership. The 50W 2x12 combo streets for about $1700. Half-stack with a 4x12 cab is about $2200....

sunvalleylaw
April 10th, 2008, 10:02 AM
So that was what I was thinking. The Jubes were gone from the lineup, and the VM was maybe something sort of close. Seems like 2x12's like Tone's go for around the price of the new combo VM or more, based only on some really quick ebay/internet looking. I didn't even find any 2x12's currently available, just a 1x12 on the bay. Jube stacks seem even higher than the similar VM stacks. I was just window shopping, cause that amph looks and sounds so cool. Nice Tone! I am glad you have it.

Tone2TheBone
April 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I'm glad I have it too buddy.

:D You could put your current amps on Craigslist and save up a little more to get one of the Vintage Modern combos. Or sell some skis and that vintage Dogtown board? ;)

sunvalleylaw
April 10th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Nah, I might get about $350 for my Peavey, which I love by the way and find great for my needs, and still be about $1400 short. My Dogtown era, homemade oak board, with original Tracker trucks is priceless and not for sale. But if I did sell it, it would not get me an amph. I sold most of my extra skis last year for a bike, and need to roll what I have into new stock. Next year I may build up a stock again I can sell and convert into guitar stuff, if repping sales for the skis go well.

sumitomo
April 10th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Bummer their not making them anymore.I wonder how ceri tone or some of the other kits measure up guess we could ask tung or voodoo man?.Man that tone is to die for and its comming from these cheap computer speakers too!Sumi :D

oldguy
April 12th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Just found this..... great playing and killer sound, Tone... really nice!:D