PDA

View Full Version : Debbie Moore doing Gary Moore: Amazing

ZMAN
April 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I saw this over on the Les Paul forum, for all you Gary Moore fans, of which I am a huge fan. You will not believe this young lady!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=65txh_vLPI0&feature=user

Check out some of her other stuff. I have never heard covers this close.

SuperSwede
April 9th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Well... actually its not very far away from your typical cover band playing on cruise boats. If she had been a man we probably wouldnt discuss this clip.

There are some AMAZING gals out there that really can rip with a guitar, and girls like Lori Linstruth can rival most guys.

ZMAN
April 9th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Well not having been on too many cruise ships I thought SHE was pretty good. On all of her clips she does Gary Moore stuff and she has learned it note for note, bend for bend rake for rake. An obvious straight copy but very well executed.
The reason I say this is that I have several of Gary's tab books in the recorded versions and I have been learning his songs.

Spudman
April 9th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I agree with you both.:) Yet...she doesn't have enough of that "thing" going on to hook me. I've seen cruise ship bands with more charisma even though her playing is spot on (carbon copy). I wonder why she just does Gary Moore tunes? Are they related?

ZMAN
April 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Man I guess I have to try one of these Cruises. I always thought they had the "Big Band" music on them!

Spudman
April 10th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Man I guess I have to try one of these Cruises. I always thought they had the "Big Band" music on them!

Just sleazy little bands these days. :rotflmao:

We're just having fun with ya. Hey, why don't we do a fretnet cruise and take over the band stand? Oh that wont work...we'd have to travel with a drummer and we all know what happens when you mix cruises and drummers.:thwap: