PDA

View Full Version : Fire in Quebec City

Blaze
April 9th, 2008, 04:52 AM
The Quebec City (Manège militaire ) armoury has been destroyed by a big fire .Here s a link to see this event ..You can see some videos and photos too..

Here are spectacular photos and videos of the fire on the Armoury of Quebec. It is a great loss to Quebec City. Built in 1885 by architect Eugène Tache, this huge building was originally intended for the Cavalry. The Armoury was also the only Armoury classified national heritage of Canada. Everything inside was varnished wood (including huge ceilings).

http://spiq.ca/v2/reportages/2008_04_04_Appel99_ManegeMilitaire/index.html

My user name has nothing to do with it ..

Blazes:thwap:

luvmyshiner
April 9th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Wow, spectacular photos Blaze. What a shame to loose such a beautiful building.

Robert
April 9th, 2008, 07:11 AM
That is terrible indeed. The oldest military building in all of North America, I heard.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 9th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Thats a shame , Quebec City is the most beautiful City in NA. love the Frontinac .. Oldest Military building in NA is in St. Johns , Newfoundland , it dates from 1698.. St Johns was a city when Manhatten was still a swamp .
Love Quebec ,, GO HABS GO .

Tim
April 9th, 2008, 10:13 AM
That surely was one beautiful building. Any idea how the "blaze" was stated?

I know a retired police officer from Quebec. I met him when I lived in St. Augustine Florida. I met him trough ham radio as they stayed at one of the local camping grounds. He and his wife would stop and visit us while traveling to south of Tampa Florida. It was some kind of Canadian summer community. His wife spoke very little English, but the wives got a long great.