PDA

View Full Version : Nhl Playoffs Start Tonite.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 9th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Any hockey fans looking foreward to the begining of the playoffs as much as me? Love this time of year .. March Maddness , NHL Playoffs , Baseball, a sports lovers dream .. my NHL picks .. outta the east ..Montreal , outta the west.. Detroit , same Stanley Cup final as in 1966 .

Tim
April 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Just two words. GO PENGUINS!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
April 9th, 2008, 10:20 AM
God Love Ya , Tim .. I do give the Pens the series over The Sens , but they dont have the goaltending to come out of the East , Gotta love Crosby, Malkin ,the Kids are alright.

ZMAN
April 9th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I hate to say it but my Redwings, are looking pretty solid going in. Glad that we won't have to watch the Leafs. I can't understand how they kept Maurice. His lack of any kind of system for coming out of his own end, and that dump and chase mentality, is hard to watch.
Now the Wings on the other hand!

R_of_G
April 9th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Let's go Flyers. Nobody is picking them to do anything againsy the Caps but the Caps are, essentially, a one line team. Granted, that line has Ovechkin on it, but still, that team is not deep enough to go 7 games with anybody. I see NJ coming out the East, I just think Brodeur is that good. Pittsburgh is good not great. The Rangers are ok. Montreal is WAY over-rated, and playing an inexperienced goaltender.

In the West, I hate the Wings, but they are the strongest team. San Jose is primed for a fall. Maybe not in round 1, but they aren't going to the finals this year says I. Everyone else is cannon-fodder.

We shall see...

Robert
April 9th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Go Oilers! :D

Blaze
April 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Sorry i don t like the Hab s even from a quebecor , i was and i ll always be a Nordiques de Quebec fan..

Watch out for Washington Capitals and mr.Ovetchkin, they ad Chris Huet, former hab s goalie in the net , they could be in the race..

Cheers :beer:

Blazes

marnold
April 9th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Drop the puck!

I'm a huge Wings fan so a Wings-Habs finals would be awesome. Shades of Howe-Richard.

warren0728
April 9th, 2008, 09:07 PM
hey i live in florida....not much of a hockey fan....our hometeam magic basketball team is doing pretty good though....

ww

merlin
April 9th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Big Predators fan here.
sorry Red wings fans but I feel a upset coming.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/merlin1129/preds-1.jpg

Tim
April 10th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Let's Go Penguins

Penguins 4, Senators 0

Tim
April 14th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Ok! Game #3 tonight.

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Highlight:

Game #1 - Penguins 4 / Senators 0
Game #2 - Penguins 5 / Senators 3

The pressure is on the Penguins due to two reasons. 1. They will be playing the next two games away. 2. The fans at ScotiaBank Place can get really loud.

An easy solution to win the next two games is simple. Keep the puck away from th other team. Good offensive games is all that is required to win the Divison.

Let's Go Penguins! :bravo: :beer: :bravo: :beer: :AOK:

Tim
April 14th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Oh yea!!!

Well I am proud of my home team during this Eastern Division Playoffs.

Tonights Game: Penguins 4 / Senators 1

Standing Division Game Review:

Penguins 3 / Senators 0

Game 4 coming this Wednesday night.

LET"S GO PENGUINS

Sorry my Canadian friends.

R_of_G
April 16th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Game 3
Flyers 6 Capitals 3
Flyers lead series 2-1.

So far they have been able to contain Ovechkin (only 2 pts in series) and really get under the skin of Washington goaltender Cristobal Huet. Far from over, but the Flyers have looked like the better team for two straight games now.:AOK:

Tim
April 16th, 2008, 07:43 PM
The Penguins sweep the Eastern Division 4 wins back to back.

Final score for tonight game Penguins 3 / Senators 1.

Fleury the gold tender stopped the Senators from scoring many times.

Great series by both teams. Now on to the second round, Eastern Conference Finals. Who shall we play New Jersey or New York?

Go Penguins!!!

R_of_G
April 17th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Now on to the second round, Eastern Conference Finals. Who shall we play New Jersey or New York?

i don't think it's necessarily NY or NJ next. the penguins had the #1 seed, IF the #6 flyers beat the caps [they are up 2-1] and assuming the #7 Bruins don't beat MTL, then wouldn't the pens play the flyers next? the flyers would be the next lowest seed left [NJ and NY are the 4 & 5]? these other series are still happening, so the Pens get a rest, but now the key is keeping the momentum up for a week while these other series play out. Hard to do sometimes when not playing. still, good for them getting thru round 1 even if it was over a terrible Sens team. any of the potential round two opponents should provide better competition for them.

Tim
April 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM
i don't think it's necessarily NY or NJ next. the penguins had the #1 seed, IF the #6 flyers beat the caps [they are up 2-1] and assuming the #7 Bruins don't beat MTL, then wouldn't the pens play the flyers next? the flyers would be the next lowest seed left [NJ and NY are the 4 & 5]? these other series are still happening, so the Pens get a rest, but now the key is keeping the momentum up for a week while these other series play out. Hard to do sometimes when not playing. still, good for them getting thru round 1 even if it was over a terrible Sens team. any of the potential round two opponents should provide better competition for them.

You are correct RoG. But I have no doubt that the Penguins will be playing the New York Rangers. A team that always gives them problems. Getting past the Rangers is my major concern.

R_of_G
April 18th, 2008, 05:42 AM
But I have no doubt that the Penguins will be playing the New York Rangers.

The more I think about it, the more I see that it is not possible for the Pens to play the Rangers in the next round. The NHL re-seeds teams after round 1. Even if the Caps win the series against the Flyers, they would be seeded lower than either the Rangers or Devils [bc of a lower reg season point total] and have to play the #1 Pens. If Montreal beats Boston, Pittsburgh will get the winner of Washington/Philly whoever it turns out to be {Flyers now lead 3 games to 1}. You may see a Rangers/Pens matchup, but it won't be in round 2.

djmcconnell
April 18th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I was at the Wild game last night at the Ex. What an exciting game. We totally dominated Denver in every stat that counts -- except the score. Crap!

We out-shot (by a factor or 3), out-hit, out-hustled, outclassed, and out-played them, but still took the loss.

It's Saturday or bust, now.

marnold
April 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I was at the Wild game last night at the Ex. What an exciting game. We totally dominated Denver in every stat that counts -- the score. Crap!

We out-shot (by a factor or 3), out-hit, out-hustled, outclassed, and out-played them, but still took the loss.
The Wings did the same thing to the Predlies last night. I was not a happy camper when they scored with less than a minute left. Franzenstein's backhander in OT made everything all better though.

birv2
April 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I may be the lone Sens fan here.:confused:

What a year, and I don't mean that in a good way. Started off on fire, cooled off considerably, almost stumbled out of the playoffs down the stretch, and then swept out by the Pens. Ouch.

It's going to be a very long summer in Ottawa, I can tell you that. Maybe we'll finally get a real goalie...

A transplanted Ottawa fan in Flyerville, PA,
Bob

mrmudcat
April 19th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I saw the best game tonight Canadiens Bruins!!!:saw:

Its on game 7!!!:punch:

marnold
April 21st, 2008, 06:59 AM
What a great day! My Wings go on to the second round and a possible matchup with the Nordilanche and the Ducks get to pick out their favorite golf shirts. Ahhhh. Let me enjoy this . . .

birv2
April 21st, 2008, 07:38 AM
Wings are looking kinda good, but 7 games to dispatch the Preds? Makes me wonder.
:whatever:

Bob

marnold
April 21st, 2008, 03:05 PM
Wings are looking kinda good, but 7 games to dispatch the Preds? Makes me wonder.
Six, actually. The only teams that the Wings have had trouble with in the past couple of regular seasons are the "lowly" members of the Central. If Hasek could've stopped a beach ball in Nashville it would have been five games. Truth be told, I predicted six games at the beginning of the series.

The Sharks and Habs have both gone to game sevens against what were supposed to be vastly inferior teams. Just show you that there's no such thing as an easy round in the NHL playoffs.

birv2
April 21st, 2008, 03:33 PM
Six, actually.

My bad. Still, it's hard to understand why it would take them 6 games. Sens fans miss Hasek, especially after this year! But he's either on or off, and it's all about riding a hot goalie in the playoffs, as you know.

Who's the hottest goalie so far? Fleury, Biron? Someone else?

marnold
April 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
My bad. Still, it's hard to understand why it would take them 6 games. Sens fans miss Hasek, especially after this year! But he's either on or off, and it's all about riding a hot goalie in the playoffs, as you know.

Who's the hottest goalie so far? Fleury, Biron? Someone else?
Ironically, I would have to say Ellis (at least until the mid-ice meltdown), but now he's going home. Beyond that no one has really played awesome through the whole series. Turco played pretty well, but the Wings 0wn him so I'm not worried if they end up facing the Stars in the future. Ozzie stopped 53 of 54 for the Wings, but he only played 2.5 games. The one he gave up nobody could stop. Fleury played well, but the Sens' main guns were out. Here's the list from NHL.com:

Save percentage leaders:
CuJo (only played one game)
Ozzie
Fleury
Theodore
Ellis

GAA leaders:
CuJo
Ozzie
Fleury
Theodore
Turco

Note that you do not see Kiprusoff, J.S. Giguere, Nabakov, or Brodeur on that list.

FWIW, Dom is dead last in save percentage in the playoffs.

merlin
April 21st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Six, actually. The only teams that the Wings have had trouble with in the past couple of regular seasons are the "lowly" members of the Central. If Hasek could've stopped a beach ball in Nashville it would have been five games. Truth be told, I predicted six games at the beginning of the series.

Lowly?
The preds were one of the best teams in hockey last season.
And don't get me started on the "if" stuff.
Go easy on the Preds.
You are right about Ellis being hot.

The new ownership was on the radio today talking about actually spending money this off season so be ready to deal with us for a few years to come.

From the loudest NHL arena. Lets Go Predators!!!!!!!!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/merlin1129/preds-1.jpg

marnold
April 22nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Lowly?
The preds were one of the best teams in hockey last season.
And don't get me started on the "if" stuff.
Go easy on the Preds.
You are right about Ellis being hot.

The new ownership was on the radio today talking about actually spending money this off season so be ready to deal with us for a few years to come.

From the loudest NHL arena. Lets Go Predators!!!!!!!!
Please reread what I wrote in the context of the question that was asked. I was replying to a comment questioning the Wings for taking seven (actually six) games to knock out the Preds. Note that I put lowly in quotation marks. Every year the Wings get questioned because of the division they play in, yet every year it is the division rivals that give them the hardest time.

I hope the Predlies do well. I was sickened by what ownership did to the team last year. As far as them spending money goes, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't trust their management nor Bettman's involvement any farther than I can throw the Joe.

As far as the loudest goes, that may have been true in the playoffs but certainly wasn't in the regular season. They averaged 13,400 in attendance in a 17,113 stadium. Given what ownership did, I'm not surprised by that. Yeah, yeah, I know the Wings have had issues at the Joe too, although it holds 3K more people.

Nothing against Nashville, but I'm looking forward to the change in the NHL schedule. It is ridiculous that Detroit would rarely get to play the eastern Original Six franchises, especially Toronto.

birv2
April 22nd, 2008, 09:03 AM
Totally with you on most of this, Marnold.

It's a testament to the resilience of the sport that it's survived the Bettman era.

And nothing against any of the fans in those cities (I'm glad they're getting into hockey), but it seems weird to have teams in Nashville, Tampa Bay, Columbus, etc. Basically, they were allowed in so that the other owners could split the "entry fees". But the end result, in my opinion, is a diluted product.

But hey, that's just my view. Let's just enjoy the playoffs!

Bob

merlin
April 22nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
good points Marnold, but our new ownership is local guys that I do trust. They have done a great job so far.

I do agree with you about the schedule. It will be nice to get some of those eastern teams in here more than once every 4 years.

Blaze
April 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
I hope Washington will win tonight ,just to get a Habs vs Capitols serie..Should be hell of a 7th game ..

:AOK: Blazes

Iago
April 22nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Just passing by to say I dig Hockey.. actually I can`t stand basketball, north-american football, baseball.. but hockey IS COOL!

Like my ex-boss once said "You like it probably because it is soccer on skates!"

Tim
April 23rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Let's see here. I believe the Penguins are playing the Rangers Friday night. Opening game starts at 7:00 PM DST in Pittsburgh at Mellon Arena "The Igloo".

I must put my broom out on my front porch once more during the second round.

Let's go Penguins!!!

birv2
April 23rd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Got to say I can't see the Pens sweeping the Rangers as easily as they swept my Sens!

I will root for them though.

Bob

Tim
April 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Oh No ! I agree. As I stated in an earlier post, the Rangers are normally the Penguins hardest team to beat. This is the match up I do not like to watch. The New York Rangers are a very good team. I do not know if I will be drinking more beer or bitting my nails the most.

Although I originally come from Pittsburgh, hockey is not very popular in Florida, where I spent my last 30 plus years. I am now just getting back into the game. I picked a good time to come back home.

tremoloman
April 26th, 2008, 03:27 PM
WHOA!!! HOCKEY TALK!!!

I thought I was the only one watching! :)

San Jose has been my favorite team ever since they knocked off Detroit in 1994. They lost a heartbreaker to Dallas last night... hope the get back on track in game 2. If they lose this series, they are going to start looking like Hockey's version of the old Boston Red Sox: always a good team and makes the playoffs, but breaks your heart and spirit every season. :)

Any predictions for the remaining 8 teams???

marnold
April 26th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about the Wings. They looked really good today. The Avs really need to get Floppa back.

Trem: A good friend of mine is a huge Sharks fan. He brought up the '94 series and the subsequent meeting in the first round next year. He said he knew they were in trouble when the signs at the Joe simply said, "Revenge!"

Tim
April 27th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Great games by all teams. I must say I was highly impressed by the Penguins come back from a 3 - 0 game in the second period to take game #1 with a score of 5 - 4. Game 2 is today at 2:00 PM EST.

The Philadelphia/ Montreal last night was also a great game to watch. Lots of action as hockey should be.

Best of luck to all NHL teams in their quest to win the Stanley Cup.

Tremolo - How's everything been with you? I have not sen you on the Fret Net lately. I hope all is well with you. I was good to see you in the photograph that Robert posted.

tremoloman
April 29th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Great Philly vs. Montreal game last night!

I'm torn who to cheer for. Montreal is Boston's arch enemy and knocked us out of the playoffs more times than any team has in professional sports. There is plenty of bad blood between both teams over the years.

Philly has taken several cheap shots at Boston this year and were assessed 3 game suspensions in games vs. the Bruins early in the season. The worst one was the Randy Jones hit from behind that knocked out our best player Patrice Bergeron for the season with this boarding penalty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykrz7YUX3yg).

I was surprised by the lack of discipline the Flyers showed by taking another 5 minute major last night it. It put Montreal right back in the game and almost wound up costing them. Very exciting matchup nonetheless!

Marnold: I don't know if San Jose and Detroit will get a chance to meet again based on San Jose's poor play. They have been absolutely DREADFUL once they gain a lead. If they don't win tonight they're tuna!

Tim
April 30th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Yep, I watched that one. Great game indeed.

GO PENS!!

We may be playing Philadelphia. 3rd round being played in the same state. That would be wild.

Enough said.

marnold
April 30th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Marnold: I don't know if San Jose and Detroit will get a chance to meet again based on San Jose's poor play. They have been absolutely DREADFUL once they gain a lead. If they don't win tonight they're tuna!
Nope. The fat lady isn't singing just yet, but she's warming up.

ZMAN
April 30th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hey Marnold: My brother lived in Detroit, and I got him to get me a Jersey from Joe Louis. I wear it everytime I play on the red team. I grew up in Hamitlon Ontario and our Junior A team was the Red Wings. I got to see a lot of the current brass play when they were kids.
I really love the way they control the puck and it is a pleasure to watch.
Go Wing Go.

marnold
April 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hey Marnold: My brother lived in Detroit, and I got him to get me a Jersey from Joe Louis. I wear it everytime I play on the red team. I grew up in Hamitlon Ontario and our Junior A team was the Red Wings. I got to see a lot of the current brass play when they were kids.
I really love the way they control the puck and it is a pleasure to watch.
Go Wing Go.
Very cool! I grew up just north of you (if my geography is correct) in Bay City, MI. Believe it or not, a former girlfriend got me hooked on the Red Wings. She was a huge hockey fan, especially of the local AHL affiliate in Saginaw. I saw, among others, Eddie the Eagle before he moved to the big club in Chicago.

Tim
April 30th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Nope. The fat lady isn't singing just yet, but she's warming up.

She is still singing!!

Great game 4 for the San Jose Sharks. Sharks 2 / Dallas 1. Thanks to Marleau, the Sharks scored a second night with a 4 on 5 Dallas Power play. No sweep for Dallas this time. It’s back to San Jose.

Awesome game Philadelphia!! Philadelphia 4 / Montreal 2. Briere's goal gives Flyers 3-1 series lead over Montreal. Briere scored on a rebound with 3:38 left to lift Philadelphia to a 4-2 win over the Canadians on Wednesday night and a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinals. R.J. Umberger scored into an empty net in the final seconds, his second goal of the game. Can the Flyers eliminate the top-seeded Canadians in Game 5 on Saturday night in Montreal?

marnold
May 1st, 2008, 08:26 AM
She is still singing!!

Great game 4 for the San Jose Sharks. Sharks 2 / Dallas 1. Thanks to Marleau, the Sharks scored a second night with a 4 on 5 Dallas Power play. No sweep for Dallas this time. It’s back to San Jose.
Has Marleau been forgiven now that he's had back-to-back shorties? He was pretty much the goat for jumping out of the way of the game-winning goal the other night.

Tim
May 2nd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Nice game last night from the Rangers. It's back to Pittsburgh for their death. Yager should go to Hollywood after last night's performance on the ice.

Let's go PENS

marnold
May 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
Well, evidently the Wings learned from the Nashville series. They didn't give the Avs any air to breathe and chased Jose for the third time. I don't know how keen I am on them having a bunch of time off, but as Mike Babcock said, ending a series means no more games where someone can be hurt. The Stanley Cup playoffs are a war of attrition.

Tim
May 3rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
The Stanley Cup playoffs are a war of attrition.

Injuring the spleen is not a healthy thing for the body. I hope Avery has full recovery.

Tim
May 4th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Nice game last night from the Rangers. It's back to Pittsburgh for their death. Yager should go to Hollywood after last night's performance on the ice.

Let's go PENS

Nice try Rangers, but you did not try hard enough. It is now off the the Turnpike Playoffs with the Philadelphia Flyer's.

Yager really should go play for the Russia team. He would not be booed in Pittsburgh any more.

Let's go PENS

Tim
May 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Not to many Fretters active on this post.

We are down to the final four. Dallas and Detroit for the Western Division and Pittsburgh and Philadelphia for the Eastern Division. :bravo: :bravo:

Injuries, injuries, injuries, and more injuries. :punch: :punch: I love a good hard hitting game. (banging on the backboards)

Good luck to all teams. :AOK: :AOK:

GO PENS!!!

birv2
May 12th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Although I live closer to Philly, I'm pulling for the Pens now that my beloved Sens are playing golf.

I think the Pens have too much speed and firepower for the Flyers, and if Fleury stays strong, they should win this series. Against Detroit? I'll have to think about that.

R_of_G
May 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
The Flyers have a lot of work to do if they are going to make a series out of this. For starters, they need to control the puck in their own end a LOT better or this will be over in another two games. Injuries haven't helped the Flyers, but I will make no excuses for them. They are simply being out-played by the Pens right now. Things could change, but I don't see it happening.

Out West, I hate to say this, but Detroit is just too good for Dallas to stand a chance. Their ability to create scoring chances is phenomenal, and the guys that they have know how to finish. Most of their good chances end up in the net. I think Dallas may win a game in Dallas, but I don't think this series will be going 7 games [Dallas will be lucky to get it to 5].

I think Detroit is too strong for Pittsburgh too, but a team with Crosby and Malkin always stands a chance, so we'll see what happens.

At least Tim is happy, his team is winning. :)

Tim
May 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
At least Tim is happy, his team is winning. :)

OH YEA!!!!!!!!

Actually, I have been enjoying all games played by all the teams. It's just that some games are a bit more enjoyable than others. If you know what I mean? :AOK:

R_of_G
May 12th, 2008, 02:57 PM
OH YEA!!!!!!!!

Actually, I have been enjoying all games played by all the teams. It's just that some games are a bit more enjoyable than others. If you know what I mean? :AOK:

I know exactly what you mean. If the Flyers were up 2-0 instead of down 2-0 it'd be a lot more enjoyable. That said, I think they did a bit better in game 2, but still not enough to get a win out of it. Playing with 5 defensemen after Coburn got hurt definitely hurt their chances, but they still need a greater team effort.

R_of_G
May 16th, 2008, 07:44 AM
So both Dallas and Philly still have life in them. It's an uphill task for both of these teams for sure having to beat Detroit and Pittsbugh respectively in four straight games, but it is not impossible, just highly unlikely. We shall see how it plays out.

Some observations on Pitt/Phi Game #4

The Flyers finally showed up for game 4, but only for the first two periods. The third period they were not trying to win but trying to not lose, and they came within a goal of doing just that. They still don't show that killer instinct. They had their foot on the Penguins neck but refused to press down. Martin Biron's goaltending won that game for them. The team defense fell apart in the third. They will need 60 minutes of solid hockey to win game 5 in Pittsburgh.

Also, Sydney Crosby may have all the talent in the world, but he is a crybaby. I have never seen anyone in the NHL whine to the referees after every single play about penalties he thinks should have been called. He's got more talent than anyone since Mario, but he needs to quit the griping and just play the game. At least he didn't take a dive in game 4 like he has in almost every game so far these playoffs.

Tim
May 19th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Sorry, there was no game #4 for the Penguins. They just ice skated around the Wachovia area to pass time.

Where would you want the Prince of Wales trophy to be present to them. In Philadelphia with an arena full of boos or back home where everyone stayed after the game to cheer on their winning team?

We are on to the Stanley Cup. May the best team win.

GO PENS

R_of_G
May 19th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Good for you Tim! Your team definitely wanted it more. Game 4 looked to me like the Flyers saying "thank you" to the home fans for the support this season more than a turning point of a series. Philly had no gas left in the tank and Pittsburgh is in high gear right now. On the plus side, the Flyers' future looks good. They went from worst overall to the Conference Finals in one year. Next year will hopefully see the return of scoring machine Simone Gagne from the injured list.

Now who will the Pens play for the Cup. Detroit is up 2-0 in the first as I write this. It would be an interesting matchup to see the two duos of Datsyuk/Zetterber and Crosby/Malkin go head-to-head...

marnold
May 19th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Here come the Wings! Hopefully we can get Mule/Franzenstein back for the finals.

Tim
May 20th, 2008, 10:43 AM
These should be good games indeed. Both teams deserve to be winners. The first game should be very interesting to watch to see how the teams stand up to one another. This game should set the pulse for the remaining battle for the Stanley Cup.

We have already set aside Saturday for nothing but watching hockey. The T-shirts, beer, coke and rum have all ready been purchased. Oh yes, we picked up some food too.

This should be a brutal battle for the Cup. I like hockey as a hard contact sport, but I hope no major injuries occur. Good luck to all teams.

GO PENS!