PDA

View Full Version : My little guys first canoe trip...

Algonquin
April 10th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I'm pumped about taking my little guy who was three in February on his first canoe trip the end of June.

He's out of diapers (Won't trip with diapers!) and he's ready to go!

He's excited about going and enjoys looking at maps where he will be going. It will be a simple trip (Two nights, three days), and won't involve any portaging. Bass season will be open, and I've promised him we'll do some fishing.

I'm hoping he gets as much of a thrill out of it as I do.... I'm hoping for many trips together in the years to come!

David

Spudman
April 10th, 2008, 11:54 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun. When he gets older and defiant remind him how when he was 3 that you didn't use him for bait that one time in 2008 when you ran out and really wanted to keep fishing.:D Tell him he owes you one.

mrmudcat
April 11th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Kayaks and fishing in muds house.My lab is no longer a puppy so ill have to buy a canoe for us.Although the boys game moderately ,we have always raised them outdoors and they would rather go do something for real than in a vid game at home on the couch.

Tone2TheBone
April 11th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Can I come? I'll gut the fish dude I promise. Heck I'll even cook. I'd love to see your son catch him a fine bass. :canada: I guess I'll need my passport then? :)

Algonquin
April 11th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Tone, you would absolutely be welcome!

I'll buy the worms ;)

luvmyshiner
April 11th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Sounds like a lotta fun Algonquin. Enjoy the little one now, they sure do grow up fast!

pie_man_25
April 11th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Bass season will be open, and I've promised him we'll do some fishing.

bass season, do you mean like this?!

http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=4003

have fun with all the fishing, I never was able to go canoeing or anything cool like that, my mother has always said it's not safe enough, and so I never really went, but at least we can jam together sometimes!

SuperSwede
April 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I will bring my soon 3 year old son and a couple of six packs!

Algonquin
April 11th, 2008, 09:07 AM
http://images.mec.ca/media/Images/Products/Watersports/1903152s_v1_m56577569830591321.jpg

I bought him his own little paddle the other day, a 36" Grey Owl 'Owlet'

Nothing fancy, but I'm hoping he keeps it for his kids to use one day.

Tone2TheBone
April 11th, 2008, 09:31 AM
That's awesome!

Tim
April 11th, 2008, 09:36 AM
There is nothing like a father - son bonding trip. I did during my son's cub scout years. i am reaping the benefits to this day. Who knows, pretty soon your little guy will be showing you a few new licks.