PDA

View Full Version : Humphrey bad monkey mod?

birv2
April 11th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I just bought a barely used Bad Monkey off craigslist for $30. The box had a sticker on it saying it was a "Badder Monkey" from Humphrey mod.

Does anyone have one of these? Opinions?

I've never used a stock monkey, so I don't know how it may be different. But so far it is one awesome pedal! Nice smooth overdrive. Loving it!

Bob
:rockon:

sunvalleylaw
April 11th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Glad to hear you like the pedal. I sure like mine. I know nothing about the mod, so I can't help you there.

Tone2TheBone
April 12th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Isn't it the mod that bass players get?

markb
April 12th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Hmm, this mod seems to be used by a number of guitarists on Harmony Central but is favoured by bass players, probably perfectly good for guitar use. It's not an easy pedal to mod, it uses a lot of SMDs.

pes_laul
April 14th, 2008, 05:12 AM
not sure if this helps but here's a list of humphrey pedals from ebay http://stores.ebay.com/humphreyaudio-mods_Modified-Guitar-Effects-Pedals_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ4370127QQftidZ2QQ tZkm

sunvalleylaw
April 14th, 2008, 08:06 AM
That link is cool. Gives a description of what the seller says it does, but no tech. info. Would be interesting to find out more.

birv2
April 14th, 2008, 05:16 PM
That's the guy alright. I've had quite a few emails back and forth with him in the last few days. He seems pretty straight up and guarantees his work 100%. He says he has mods for all the Boss pedals as well as TS ones.

I like his "Badder Monkey" so far!
:)

Bob