PDA

View Full Version : Free Fender!

SuperSwede
April 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Look what I got in the spam mail box today!

http://www.freefender.com/

Did you know that you can get a free Fender guitar just by sending them your email adress! :D

I wonder who actually believes this kind of stuff!

Tone2TheBone
April 11th, 2006, 03:21 PM
...dang, "groupies not included...."

warren0728
April 11th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Did you know that you can get a free Fender guitar just by sending them your email adress! :D
yeah baby...i have THREE email addresses...can't wait for my 3 new beauties to arrive!

ww

Spudman
April 11th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention this link earlier. Um, I already got my new Fender. He he he.

SuperSwede
April 12th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Spud! What a nice black color! I must hurry before they run out of stock....

warren0728
April 12th, 2006, 04:57 AM
spud...that is one sweet guitar! any more pics?

ww

Matt
April 12th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Just to let you know that it isnt a scam. While the guitar is free, you have to complete a few offers (signing up to some subscriptions like movie rental stuff) and get loads of people to refer you. Then they send you your 'free' guitar. They do this all the time with Ipods and Xbox 360s.

Nice Strat Toe :P

Matt

Spudman
April 12th, 2006, 08:11 AM
That finish is found on the Special Edition Squier Strats. It is called Silverburst. I does look pretty cool but nowhere near as cool as the Cherry Sunburst. Solid multipiece alder bodies on all the Special Editions and the Cherry is nicely matched and looks way expensive but it isn't. They currently go for $200 or less brand new.

But I got mine free...not.

SuperSwede
April 12th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Hmmm.. I must check them out. How is the overall quality on those?

Tone2TheBone
April 12th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Is that a real guitar Spud, it looks Photoshop'd....

Spudman
April 12th, 2006, 04:13 PM
It's the real deal. I'd say quality wise they are on par with the Made In Mexico Strats. Others seem to agree. I have both and I like the finishes better on the Squiers, the necks have 22 frets on the Squiers, the MIM came with ceramic pups, the Squier with alnico pups and two point bridge. The tuners hold alright so far and the set up was pretty good. I still need to switch the Silverburst to 10's. The Squier came with the MOTO pick guard and nice simulated abalone position markers. I have no complaints about either Special Edition Squier. I'll put up a pic of the Cherry soon. Those are getting harder to find as they have discontinued manufacturing the Special Editions already.

Spudman
April 12th, 2006, 04:22 PM
The real deals.
I'm having one neck customised by a guy in Texas. That is why it's missing.

ZoSo65
April 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM
They're sweet looking Spud!

Tone2TheBone
April 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
The cherry one is nice.

Spudman
April 12th, 2006, 07:16 PM
The Cherry is actually brighter than the photo shows and the grain really pops out in the light. It is 3 pieces of solid alder which is fewer than some MIM and MIA Strats. Amazing for the price.

SuperSwede
April 18th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I wouldnt mind that black strat, really nice!
I wonder if they are available with maple necks?

Spudman
April 18th, 2006, 05:43 PM
They don't come with maple necks. It's possible that early on when they were first released there were a few that did have maple necks, the current ones do not.