PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla bass / keyboard amp

robert43
April 11th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Hi has any 1 ever had any thing to do with the brand Gorilla ? ( I have been told they are old school no longer around)
I am looking at a 70 watt for jamming around the house it has 2 switchs for punk boost & slap . With the usall dials ie bass , presence etc
The amp is 4 hours away but right price + a 30day return if not happy deal
Thanks

marnold
April 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM
A friend of mine had a little Gorilla combo back in college. To be totally honest, I thought it sounded like complete and utter garbage. But I'm guessing it was the rock-bottom-low-end model.

robert43
April 13th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Hi it doesnt matter as it has been sold

TS808
April 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Without ever hearing a Gorilla amp, I can't comment on whether or not they are a decent amp.

What I can offer though is that there are ALOT of good amps out there that can be grabbed at a reasonable price off of ebay, or even new. Search around and try a few, and read the posts on here about different amps.

Danzego
April 14th, 2008, 08:02 PM
A friend of mine had a little Gorilla combo back in college. To be totally honest, I thought it sounded like complete and utter garbage. But I'm guessing it was the rock-bottom-low-end model.

You mean Gorilla had something OTHER than the rock-bottom-low-end models? ;)

I remember Gorilla amps back when I first started playing in the late 80's. They were the cheapest things around and even though my friends and I were just starting out and playing crap like Memphis and Cort Effector guitars, WE knew Gorilla amps were garbage. Regardless of which Gorilla amp it is and what it's priced at, at a four hour travel time (one way OR round trip), the entire amp isn't worth the cost of gas.....even if you're driving a scooter.

Let's say you were getting it with the intention of modding it. The only mod that makes any sense with a Gorilla brand amp is taking the speaker out, throwing it in the trash, then take the rest of the amp and throw THAT in the trash too. :bravo: