Spudman
April 12th, 2008, 09:37 PM
That's actually pretty cool.

Naz Nomad
April 13th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I have to disagree, it's hideous:poke:

SuperSwede
April 13th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Cool! A lot of "The Cult" feeling over that Les Paul.

mrmudcat
April 13th, 2008, 06:25 AM

I have to disagree:D ,it has a certain thing going on that is appealing.Dont ask me what the "thing is exactly.But yea I dig it.:bravo: :beer:

I thought it was a Zemaitis guitar until looking closely.;)

pes_laul
April 13th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I like it:AOK: has a cool vibe to it, though what exactly is it? I cant read the headstock.

just strum
April 13th, 2008, 09:05 AM
It's something I don't GAS for, but I appreciate the work that has gone into it. Reminds me of the artwork and labor that has gone into a show bike at a chopper show. It's been converted into a piece of art.

sunvalleylaw
April 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I like it. Not a look I could pull off, but I like it for someone who can.

stingx
April 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I like it:AOK: has a cool vibe to it, though what exactly is it? I cant read the headstock.

It's just a custom painted Gibson Les Paul Standard. If I was doing a Cult tribute band I'd be all over this in a second.

peachhead
April 13th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I don't think I would spend the money on it but it's really interesting. Someone very artistic put a lot of thought into it.

Kodiak3D
April 14th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I love it. I want one too.

duhvoodooman
April 14th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I'd rather look at Syd's friend in your avatar than this guitar, Sting! :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
April 14th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I think that looks dang cool. I'd put white pup rings on it and black coil Duncan Custom 5s though.

Kazz
April 15th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Im with peach...its not getting me to dig into my pocket book...but I do like it.

dws
April 16th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Frightening, but I'd definitely play it. Certainly would draw some attention to yourself.

Plank_Spanker
April 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I bet it sounds a tad "tinny".......................

Won't the sound dull as the finish tarnishes........................

Questions..............................

robert43
April 19th, 2008, 03:04 AM
+1

Algonquin
April 19th, 2008, 05:56 AM
I like the art work. Not something I could pull off, but then again I only play at home anyway.

I think being able to customize your instrument to this level would be very attractive to a lot of musicians... but hearing stories of how working bands sometimes struggle with things most of us take for granted (food/shelter), I'm not sure this would be in their reach.

But for someone with a few extra $$ in their pocket, this looks like a great way to express yourself.

I wonder if the next stage in this art would be to create 'wraps' like they do for vehicles?... Something that could be later removed without harming the finish of the instument?

Iago
April 20th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Sorry guys but.. Ughh!

Though, I went out to buy strings the other day and I saw this on a store:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM05/Content/Epiphone/PR/GoM-LP-Custom-Chrome-lg.jpg

I have to GAS for a Les Paul from time to time...

stingx
April 21st, 2008, 06:36 AM
Sorry guys but.. Ughh!

Though, I went out to buy strings the other day and I saw this on a store:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM05/Content/Epiphone/PR/GoM-LP-Custom-Chrome-lg.jpg

I have to GAS for a Les Paul from time to time...

That's so Plain Jane! :)