PDA

View Full Version : Asia - Phoenix the new album

Spudman
April 13th, 2008, 05:08 PM
The new album from Asia (Steve Howe - Geoff Downes - Carl Palmer - John Wetton) Phoenix is being 'leaked' prior to the April 15th release.

You can listen to its entirety here (http://www.vh1.com/sitewide/apps/mediaplayer/index.jhtml?track=all&format=&paid=2064&albumid=2234887&type=listeningparty&xmlFile=/artists/azdroplets/listening_party/asia/phoenix/album.xml&section_0=artists&section_1=az&section_2=asia&section_3=2234887&section_4=album.jhtml&refURL=/artists/az/asia/2234887/album.jhtml&adPth=/asm/adsetup/artists/&adPN=album).

marnold
April 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I saw a promo picture and Steve Howe looks about 178. I'll still give it a listen.

Spudman
April 13th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Bad hair cut too but he still knows more about playing guitar than I do.:master:

I listened to it today and I thought the best thing on it was Geoff Downes. You can hear the fatigue from Wettons health problems in his voice. His voice sounds good just no pizazz. Not much of Steve's stuff captivated me either.

So this leads me to believe that the album is either not that good or it is one that grows upon repeated listens which is a good thing. Guess I'd better listen again.

KrisH
April 14th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I saw a promo picture and Steve Howe looks about 178. I'll still give it a listen.

I rented the Yes Live at Montreaux on HD-DVD, and was shocked because he looked like a cadaver. Or the others. It was depressing -- we're all getting older -- but it had been over 30 years since I last saw them in concert, and I hadn't really followed them since.