PDA

View Full Version : Out Of The Coma

piebaldpython
April 14th, 2008, 12:00 AM
My 21 yr old daughter has been in a medically induced ketamine coma since April 3 over here in GERMANY (because our beloved FDA won't allow this treatment in the USA). Well, she started waking up yesterday and she recognized us, squeezed our fingers and then half-waved to the cute guy nurse on staff!!! ahahaah Maybe, she'll talk today!! Woo-hoo! She has full body RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and is/hopefully WAS in excruciating pain 24/7 for the past 4.5 years and unable to WALK for the last 3. Thanks for the prayers!!!

Kazz
April 14th, 2008, 05:01 AM
That is great news Pie...that she is beginning to come to....hope all is well. You and She are in our prayers.

mrmudcat
April 14th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Pie tell her my boys and I (wife ,dogs;) also) are thinking about her and her wellness!:beer:

PEACE & LOVE FO-SHO BROTHER

Robert
April 14th, 2008, 08:00 AM
That is good news that you can get the best possible treatment for her. We keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

sunvalleylaw
April 14th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks for sharing the news. Thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

t_ross33
April 14th, 2008, 08:19 AM
THAT'S music to my ears :D. Thoughts, prayers, positive energy, good karma, and lots of associated "good stuff" heading your way.

:beer: A Traditional Scottish Toast Fer Ye

May the best ye've ever seen
Be the worst ye'll ever see
May a moose ne'er leave yer girnal
Wi' a tear drap in his e'e
May ye aye keep hale an' he'rty
Till ye're auld eneuch tae dee
May ye aye be jist as happy
As we wish ye aye tae be

Trev

Algonquin
April 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM
That's very good news! You and your family must be very relieved at this moment. I hope things progress quickly from this point forward.

David

Tone2TheBone
April 14th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Thoughts and prayers going out to you guys.

M29
April 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM
That is great, you, your daughter and family are in our prayers.

M29

SuperSwede
April 14th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Good news! You can always count on the Germans, thats for sure :)

duhvoodooman
April 14th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Saying a prayer for your daughter's full recovery & your peace of mind....

warren0728
April 14th, 2008, 09:09 AM
sending major mojo your family's way....

ww

Jampy
April 14th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Wow, that is amazing news, The entire posting community on the fret.net are sending thoughts and prayers her and your way.

I hope my question is not to forward, but is the coma kinda like a "reboot" to hopefully allow the body to repair itself?, if all things work out for the best are the results permanent, I sure hope they are.

If this is the case your daughter is one amazing girl first for having to deal with such a terrible illness and then going through a amazing yet scary medical treatment to hopefully help/cure her.

Best Wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Tim
April 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I included your daughter in a healing prayer today. She will be added to my daily prayer list. Please provide a first name to make my prayer a little more personal. I am praying for complete healing from the disease. Keep us posted on her positive recovery.

aeolian
April 14th, 2008, 11:11 AM
My thoughts are with you.

peachhead
April 14th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I hope things continue to go well. You and your family are in our prayers.

just strum
April 14th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Our thoughts are with you and your entire family. There is a lot of strength in your words.

piebaldpython
April 14th, 2008, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=Jampy]

I hope my question is not to forward, but is the coma kinda like a "reboot" to hopefully allow the body to repair itself?, if all things work out for the best are the results permanent, I sure hope they are.

Thanks to all for the kind words and thoughts for Alessa. JAMPY, you are "dead on" with your re-booting idea. Ketamine is a powerful drug, usually given to animals (horses esp) and it has hallucinogenic side effects. The ketamine itself is the "re-boot" catalyst. So far, so good but SO many more miles to go.

Katastrophe
April 15th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Piebaldpython, best wishes for your daughter, and I hope she has a speedy recovery. You, your daughter and family will be in my prayers, too.

wingsdad
April 15th, 2008, 07:32 AM
May your daughter's recovery bring exponentially progressive good news, pie :)

Carlström
April 15th, 2008, 08:15 AM
great news, best of luck for continued recovery

piebaldpython
April 17th, 2008, 03:33 PM
When the nurse checked on Alessa today, she asked the big question that we didn't dare ask: Are you in any pain? Alessa said, "NO!". She's just achy all over from not using her muscles in so long. She said that she's just fine with being achy.

We suspected that she wasn't in pain because she hasn't reacted to anyone's touch. The nurse rubbed her arms and legs with moisturizer today and Alessa was just fine. We've been holding our breath waiting to see her reaction to each touch. So far, so good!!!!

She's still not lucid. She's having more clear moments today, but most of what she says has nothing to do with what's really going on. Most of the nurses don't speak any English. Imagine being in a hospital room in another counrty with nurses that don't speak any English and your daughter speaking only nonsense! I kept hoping that someone would wake me from this dream!

Today is a much better day. Alessa's improving a little at a time. Nurses who could speak a little English came on duty.

tjcurtin1
April 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Glad to hear all the positive news. All of our good thoughts for more of that!

warren0728
April 17th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Today is a much better day. Alessa's improving a little at a time.
man this is great news....more mojo being sent your way!

ww

sunvalleylaw
April 17th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Excellent news! Blessings to you all.

Katastrophe
April 18th, 2008, 06:13 AM
That's phenomenal news, Piebaldpython! Tell her to keep fighting, and the whole Fretter community is pulling for her!:AOK:

oldguy
April 18th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Just got home and read this, piebaldpython. Best wishes for more good news, and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. :)

magoo
April 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Hey Pie all, the best to you and your family. although its hard for your Daughter, I bet its very hard for you also.
I hope you get all that you wish for.
Cheers
Magoo.

Justaguyin_nc
April 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Are you in any pain? Alessa said, "NO!".

:bravo:

That is great news!!

Hang in there pie..
Wishing the best in Alessa's recovery..

luvmyshiner
April 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Pie, we couldn't have come home to better news. All are thoughts and prayers at the Shiner household are going out to you and yours, and most importantly, Alessa!

Childbride
April 18th, 2008, 11:59 PM
PBP... i totally missed this.

[grin] here's hoping that she continues to improve. i pray for you and yours constantly! :D :D :D

tell her her sister in texas is thinkin bout her. ;)

piebaldpython
April 23rd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Well, physical therapy started today and it's gonna be a long *** arduous haul.....but.......but........Alessa may very well walk again. She has nothing but muscle atrophy through her leg muscles (she hasn't walked in 3 years). She leaned on this "walking gizmo" and went 30 feet. Her legs were quivering and her heart was racing as though she had just done sprints!!! Heart-wrenching and thrilling at the same time for the wife and myself.

mrmudcat
April 23rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Thats great!:bravo:

sunvalleylaw
April 23rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Great news!

just strum
April 23rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
piebaldpython,

It's great to read your posts that report the progress that is being made. I hope to hear continued positive news in this thread and our thoughts remain with your family.

warren0728
April 23rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
excellent news....more mojo for more progress!! :bravo:

ww

Childbride
April 23rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
PBP, that's WONDERFUL!!! :bravo: :beer:

peachhead
April 23rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
Great news, and I'm sure there is more to come. :bravo:

Tim
April 24th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Awesome news there Piebaldpython. I wish and pray the best for your daughter's continued success and also for your family. Don't let the stress take away the joy of your daughters progress.