PDA

View Full Version : I am a golden god....

SuperSwede
April 12th, 2006, 10:54 AM
*sigh* I just picked up the guitar, i havent been playing for a few days so I thought it would be fun to play for a while. I found that this day I could play anything I wanted, I even managed some really hard (for me at least) fast jazz sweeps that I usually miss a tone or two on. Everything was fantastic and the tonelab sounded better than ever (I could swear that the tube was glowing more intense than before)... Anyway, in the middle of a "lets put a snappy country double stop in that song" moment i suddenly felt a "snap" and there was my high e-string hanging from the neck... And of course no spare strings at home.. AND I WANT TO PLAY.... *sigh*

SuperSwede
April 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Here you can see the evil string hanging there and feeling good about itself.....

Tone2TheBone
April 12th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Um.......play another guitar?

Edited - oh wait...I only see one guitar in your profile. You need many guitars my friend sorry.

warren0728
April 12th, 2006, 11:37 AM
what's the problem? you still have 5 strings left....certainly enough for a golden god to get by with! :D

SuperSwede
April 12th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Well, lets just say that I really really did not want that to happen :D

As for the golden god thing, I just saw the movie "almost famous"

SuperSwede
April 12th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Um.......play another guitar?

Edited - oh wait...I only see one guitar in your profile. You need many guitars my friend sorry.

I really need that, but the commander in chief at home does not think that .. :rolleyes:

Tim
April 12th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I thought I read that a "real" golden god can play with one string on a guitar. it's all in the fingers. Right?

Nelskie
April 12th, 2006, 03:30 PM
what's the problem? you still have 5 strings left....certainly enough for a golden god to get by with! :D

Keef plays with only (4) sometimes (and in drop D tuning, I believe.) But then again, he's Keef.

warren0728
April 12th, 2006, 03:35 PM
But then again, he's Keef.
you've gotta love keef....was watching the stones bridges of babylon dvd last night....he can sure tear it up on that tele!

ww

Tim
April 12th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Talk to me Warren about stones bridges of babylon dvd!

r_a_smith3530
April 12th, 2006, 11:49 PM
I really need that, but the commander in chief at home does not think that .. :rolleyes:

Show her the sig files of the crowd you hang out with! Then tell her you need more guitars and more amphs to make screaming solos. If that doesn't work, you could try a certain donut recipe!!! :D

duhvoodooman
April 13th, 2006, 05:07 AM
And of course no spare strings at home...
One gitfiddle and no spare strings?? Swede, my man, what were you thinking? That lady of yours is obviously smart enough to know that the problem could be solved with a $5 set of strings as opposed to beaucoups SEK for a second axe!! ;) :D

SuperSwede
April 18th, 2006, 11:00 AM
I bought a set of American Flyers, I dont think that I´ve used them before...