PDA

View Full Version : And Another New Guy

dws
April 14th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hi there everybody-

Been looking through this forum, and it looks great-very nice people aboard. Good to see.

Me: I've played guitar over a year, I practice too much, and I like to consider myself as moderately advanced. Others will disagree.

Guitars: Strat (first guitar), and now an SG.
Amps: Fender FM15, Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Half Stack.
Pedal: Basic Dunlop Wah

Looking forward to talking to people.

Robert
April 14th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Welcome! I know you had issues getting through the account approval process, but you made it! It's all a smooth ride from here.

Enjoy our crew and palace.

By the way, there is no such thing as practice too much. :)

sunvalleylaw
April 14th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Welcome aboard!

warren0728
April 14th, 2008, 03:36 PM
welcome dws....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

just strum
April 14th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the forum. If you've been practicing too much, consider yourself as moderately advanced, I would like to know your method of learning.:D

dws
April 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM
just strum, honestly, I couldn't tell you how I made it to where I am now. All I remember is always practicing a lot haha. It feels like a blur up until this point.

And yeah, Robert, it took awhile for me to get here all right, but it's all good now. :D

just strum
April 14th, 2008, 05:09 PM
just strum, honestly, I couldn't tell you how I made it to where I am now. All I remember is always practicing a lot haha. It feels like a blur up until this point.

And yeah, Robert, it took awhile for me to get here all right, but it's all good now. :D

Well when ever you can, share your knowledge and tips. Technique, Theory and Playing is my favorite section on the forum, followed very closely by all the others.

birv2
April 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Welcome to a friendly guitar place on the net!

Bob

Algonquin
April 14th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the Fret dws.

Cheers :beer:

mrmudcat
April 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Welcome!

SuperSwede
April 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the temple of love!

Kazz
April 15th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Strum...I am not sure I have ventured into that theory section yet...gonna have to check that out....my personal fave is the modding section....and the fact we can discuss both Electric and Acoustic...and all major and minor brands.....oh don't get me started this early on why The Fret is THE PLACE for guitarists on the net.

tot_Ou_tard
April 15th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Welcome!

I'm gonna have to try that practice too much thing.

dws
April 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM
The "too much practice" thing has led me to have absolutely no feeling whatsoever in my fingertips on my left hand, so it's definitely a positive.

By the way, tot, "Village Idiot" is my other alias.

tot_Ou_tard
April 15th, 2008, 01:28 PM
The "too much practice" thing has led me to have absolutely no feeling whatsoever in my fingertips on my left hand, so it's definitely a positive.

By the way, tot, "Village Idiot" is my other alias.

This village never can have too many idiots.

Time to perform the secret International Order Of Idiots handshake.

dws
April 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM
There's a handshake now? I wasn't informed at our last meeting!

Tone2TheBone
April 15th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Good to have you aboard. Welcome.

ted s
April 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Welcome DWS !, btw, is that an acronym.. DWS ?
Let's here more about practicing too much, I can't practice enough:messedup:

dws
April 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah. My initials.

dws
April 15th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I think I should have rephrased my original post. I don't consider playing guitar practicing. My own view of practicing is locking yourself in a room for 12 hours a time. I look at playing guitar fun and whenever I play, it's a learning experience. The instrument is just made to be :rockon: not 'practiced'.

tot_Ou_tard
April 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM
12 hours a day will get you pretty far pretty quickly! You're lucky to have that time & wise to sieze it like that.

There's a handshake now? I wasn't informed at our last meeting!
Yes you were, but you were too busy "fiddling with your fingerboard" when it was announced. :D

street music
April 15th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the Fret.

player
April 15th, 2008, 07:11 PM

Right dw but a good blur Welcome Aboard
glad you made it.I concur and think you will like it here:AOK:

dws
April 15th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Gah I just realized what I wrote looked like sometihng completely different.

"My own view of practicing is locking yourself in a room for 12 hours a time."

I mean that's what I don't want to do...what I want to avoid completely. And I really, really don't practice 12 hours a day. That would be obsessive.

Okay enough about me. I'm boring. I'll talk to everybody in other posts :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
April 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Welcome!

I've been playing since 1972 and at best I'm moderately moderate. ;)

Blaze
April 18th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Bienvennue , Welcome !

Practicing can be fun , just pick your favorite licks and enjoy it , each one has his way.

Blazes :dude:

oldguy
April 19th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Welcome to TheFret!:beer:

luvmyshiner
April 19th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the Fret DWS.