PDA

View Full Version : Crate Palomino Blowout at GC!

TS808
April 15th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I was at Guitar Center today, and they are practically giving away (okay, not quite) the Crate Palomino V32 Head and matching 212 cabinet. The head is going for $299 and the cabinet is $239. The sale is also on their website.

They've also lowered the price of the V33 Head (made in Vietnam I believe) with the matching 212 cab.

The Palomino is awesome, but a little loud for what I need at 30 watts Class A.

Bordeaux
May 23rd, 2008, 06:17 AM
I don't see any of the Palomino amps on their website. My local GC doesn't even have the V50s in stock much less the Palomino. If I could find one of the V33s or the V50 Palominos, I would buy one in a second.

Very nice, clean crisp tone and easy on the eyes, love that V and the color!

TS808
May 23rd, 2008, 08:06 AM
I don't see any of the Palomino amps on their website. My local GC doesn't even have the V50s in stock much less the Palomino. If I could find one of the V33s or the V50 Palominos, I would buy one in a second.

Very nice, clean crisp tone and easy on the eyes, love that V and the color!

I just looked at the Guitar Center website, and don't even see the Palomino series on there anymore. I wonder if they have been discontinued. I think they were manufactured for Guitar Center and Musicians Friend if I'm not mistaken.

Bordeaux
May 23rd, 2008, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I found a link somewhere that took me to the page for the Palominos (GC.com)and it did state that they where discontinued. So your local shop did have the Palominos in stock? Did they have the V50 as well?