PDA

View Full Version : Another great side man passes over

helliott
April 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM
DANNY FEDERICI, 1950 - 2008
Danny Federici, the E Street Band's organist and keyboard player since its inception, died this afternoon, April 17, 2008 at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City after a three-year battle with melanoma.

The Federici family and the E Street family request that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Danny Federici Melanoma Fund; more details on the Fund will be forthcoming.

The Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band concerts scheduled for Friday in Ft. Lauderdale and Saturday in Orlando are being postponed. Replacement dates will be announced shortly.

We extend our deepest sympathies to Danny's family, friends, bandmates, and blood brothers; we here at Backstreets, and surely all those fans touched by his spirit, mourn with you.
- April 17, 2008 - photograph by A.M.

sunvalleylaw
April 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
That's a sad one. A big part of the E Street Band sound. Peace.

duhvoodooman
April 18th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Heaven's rock'n'roll band picks up a great keyboard man, and even an accomplished accordion player when needed. Thanks for 40 great years of music, Danny.... :bravo:

sunvalleylaw
April 18th, 2008, 10:04 AM
KZ314hldal4&feature=related

3-8LUvW9qv4&feature=related

AFO-N01wup0

And his last appearance with the band here:

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

just strum
April 18th, 2008, 10:13 AM
A co-worker just told me the news, I was really shocked. I remember hearing that he was ill, but I thought he was recovering. This, like any loss, is truly another sad moment for the music industry.

Steve, I can't see the videos at work, but I will be sure to look at your post when I get home.

sunvalleylaw
April 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Strum, I tried to get some that had him as a more prominent part of the sound. Accordion (Sandy), electric glockenspiel via keyboard (she's the one), and organ, (hungry heart).

just strum
April 18th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Strum, I tried to get some that had him as a more prominent part of the sound. Accordion (Sandy), electric glockenspiel via keyboard (she's the one), and organ, (hungry heart).

I have The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle in the car and will have to listen to it on the way home. That is one of my favorite all time CD's.

warren0728
April 18th, 2008, 12:19 PM
bruce was supposed to play here in orlando tomorrow (saturday) night but they are going to reschedule because of the death....

ww

helliott
April 18th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I feel very fortunate to have seen Danny with the band in their first Magic stop in Toronto. By the time they played Hamilton, he was off the tour. Thankfully, he had one more chance to play with E Street before the end. He was a wonderful musician, and by all accounts, a great guy, too. Hope he's someplace where the pain is gone and the Hammonds numerous.

just strum
April 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM

Steve,

Just settled in and played the videos, excellent selection.:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
April 18th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I found one more, more recent one with a good live organ solo by Danny. A really nice song originally meant for Asbury Park, but so fitting for NYC when "The Rising" was released. Not a well shot vid, but the audio is good.
6_udLeT4dKg

Vinni Smith
April 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I am sorry to hear this.

I am still trying to get over Bob Mayo dying also and that has been a couple of years!

vinni