PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Digitech!! RP500

Lev
April 18th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Now I love the convenience of multifx units but I hate the learning curve that goes with them. When I buy a piece of kit for my guitar I want to plug and play, not read the manual and tweak for days.

So this new multifx unit/pedalboard from Digitech immediately caught my eye. I reckon without ever looking at the manual 99.9% of guitarists could work with this...

http://www.digitech.com/products/RP500/images/RP500main.jpg

so I got a pedal to turn off each effect type :bravo:
I got up down pedal to cycle through presets :bravo:
I got tap tempo pedal :bravo:
I got a bypass pedal :bravo:
and I got real knobs for each effect setting :bravo:

..and all this for €300 - GAS GAS GAS GAS

http://www.digitech.com/products/RP500/index.php

Katastrophe
April 18th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Digitech does it again... I always seem to keep coming back to their products, even after 20 years... Sheesh... Just what I need, more GAS.

Gotta start saving those pennies. Good find, Lev!

warren0728
April 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM
i love my digitech rp250 because it had real knobs (nice not to have to keep pushing little menu buttons like using a cell phone)! I would definitely recommend their products! :AOK:

ww

sunvalleylaw
April 18th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Looks pretty cool! I don't like the fiddling aspects of multifx either. Something like this might work someday for me though.

marnold
April 18th, 2008, 09:49 AM
<Tiny Elvis>That thing is huuuuuuge.</Tiny Elvis>

just strum
April 18th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I have the RP350 and love finding new sounds that I can produce. That 500 looks like a winner.

Kazz
April 19th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I had the RP80 and hated it....because of the cell phone buttons as mentioned above....that 500 looks awesome tho.....but 300 quid or whatever that funky L thing is.....I think works out to be like 450 in US dollars...or maybe even more.....that hurts the pocket book an awful lot.

Katastrophe
April 19th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Nah, Kazz, it's about $300.00 at MF...

Lev
April 19th, 2008, 01:39 PM
yeah it's alot less than the new Boss GT10 or the Line 6 POD X3 live. I like the fact that you can turn off the modelling stuff and just use it as an old style multiFX unit.

I'd love to hear a demo coz I'm extremely tempted.

sunvalleylaw
August 8th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Here is a review:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document/digitech/rp500?doc_id=103755&src=3NL8H7&ZYXSEM=0&Prime=

Robert
August 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Does it have a loop function? That's some I really like, and that's why I have a JamMan.

sunvalleylaw
August 8th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I don't see that it has a looper, and the Line6 one does, though it is just 24 seconds according to the conversation I just had with Spud, so even it might not replace the functions of a RC20xl or JamMan. And I don't think either have any drum loops like the separate looper pedals.

Lev
August 8th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I was seriously tempted by this but have decided to buy a bunch on Danelectro Cool Cat pedals instead (for alot less money). I'm gonna see how I get along with them before I revisit multiFx units.

Incidently the Boss GT10 has a looper - looks like a serious piece of kit but it's another notch up on the price scale.

Robert
August 8th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I am a Cool Cat Junkie! These pedals ROCK.

markb
August 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
The killer app for me on the RP500 is that you can turn the amp and cabinet sims off globally. This saves programming two lots of patches for use live and recording. Neat.

duhvoodooman
August 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Here is a review:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document/digitech/rp500?doc_id=103755&src=3NL8H7&ZYXSEM=0&Prime=
No reflection on this particular pedal, believe me--and certainly no shot intended at SVL for mentioning it--but I find MF's "reviews" to be a completely laughable concept. They sell these things! Does anyone think for a moment that they're ever going to read a negative one? "This pedal sucks. Don't waste your money." I think not.... :whatever:

I've read several where they reviewed a line of products. The cheapest ones were really good. And the more expensive were even better. And most expensive ones were the absolute best. Wow!! What a stunner!!!

sunvalleylaw
August 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM
LOL! Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too. But I figured the discussion of the features might be useful without needing to buy their conclusions about how good it is or not. I would always consider the source when I evaluate information offered.

Spudman
August 8th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I have seen a few reviews for power amps that basically said the amp sucked. I thought that was great because then I believe there isn't any content filtering at least on those particular products. But I do wonder if they filter the review content on many of their items. Hmmmm.:pancake: