PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout that earthquake, Mid-Westerners?

Rabies
April 18th, 2008, 07:37 AM
That was kinda fun. :bravo:

I was laying in bed hitting snooze for a long time because I didn't want to get up (no work today). And then it hit...interesting...my first one.

Needless to say, I went ahead and got up after 10 seconds of my world moving back and forth violently. :D

warren0728
April 18th, 2008, 07:39 AM
i heard about that....did it damage anything...any other fretters out there effected by it? :eek:

ww

Rabies
April 18th, 2008, 07:43 AM
i heard about that....did it damage anything...any other fretters out there effected by it? :eek:

ww

Nah...nothing that I've heard. Report of a building in Louisville sustaining a little damage. I think it was a pretty old building, and I think something just fell off of the top of it. :confused:

warren0728
April 18th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Nah...nothing that I've heard.
good to hear! :bravo:

ww

Rabies
April 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM
AFTERSHOCK! About 4 minutes ago...wow...this is kinda cool! :AOK:

marnold
April 18th, 2008, 09:48 AM
It was reported that people could feel it as far north as where I live. I was sound asleep at the time.

just strum
April 18th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I was in a semi-sleep and heard/felt a faint rumble and thought it was thunder. We had pretty good one here about a year ago that actually sounded like an explosion and had everyone running out of their houses.

There was even one in Alaska that made the ceiling of our well (well water) collapse. - I'm in Ohio

Interesting acts of nature, unless you lose a house or life.

oldguy
April 18th, 2008, 11:24 AM
The camper rocked a little, but it was raining, and I didn't notice it too much. I woke up, it quieted down, and I rolled over and went back to sleep.
Kind of like when you have a bit of G.A.S........:D

player
April 27th, 2008, 10:39 PM
heard a report on radio after the aftershock people felt it as far South as Atlanta.know my sis did in the hills here.their place is built into one.needless to say they really felt the second or aftershock.:pancake: