PDA

View Full Version : Original Music

Steve206
April 19th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I have been fooling around with open tunings for some years. Doing it by feel instead of with numbers and letters. So, this is a little something I found in open D. Using the right hand to try for an island kind of feel.

I used to think it sounded okay. But when I added the electric, I just fell into it. If I knew that it would sound this good, I would have been doing it all along.

Bear with me, friends,,,I am extremely pleased with myself right now.

Steve

just strum
April 19th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Steve,

I like it. I close my eyes and I sense an end to a movie or an end to a scene in the movie. - a happy ending.

Nice job.

mrmudcat
April 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Nice im digging it .Have you tried a splash of delay ?? Also when sliding in add some more mojo/vibrato a few times.Also mix it up and add a few mojo /vibrato on the slide outs at the ending fret............................:master: :beer: Great job and if you dont add nothing it is great the way it is !!!!

Your swamp brother :dude:

Peace & love fo-sho brother:smile-us:

Steve206
April 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks Strum and Mud,,

you are talking to the only guy here without pedals. I am not trying to make this something that it isn't, but,,,this is all, pretty much, first take stuff.

Correct that---I made three stabs at the slide part because I forgot where the changes were.

Just the Vox 30VT and I had it set on Flange/Reverb. I have never done anything like this before and I am very happy. Also glad to have a few of you guys riding along,,,

Steve

mrmudcat
April 20th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Yea the flange sounded actually quite good ,subtle was the key.The verb was lost to my ears perhaps because of the way vox combo effects are.A nice reverb pedal with some long hall verbs would put those slides into another haunting dimension.(delay would also be tasty )

Just my opinion on the slide stuff as I said I dig it the way it is!!!!!:dude:

just strum
April 20th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks Strum and Mud,,

you are talking to the only guy here without pedals. I am not trying to make this something that it isn't, but,,,this is all, pretty much, first take stuff.

Correct that---I made three stabs at the slide part because I forgot where the changes were.

Just the Vox 30VT and I had it set on Flange/Reverb. I have never done anything like this before and I am very happy. Also glad to have a few of you guys riding along,,,

Steve

I appreciate the raw takes of music without the fluff. I like the fact that the previous clip you posted and this one provide a true sense of the sound.

If you want to achieve a fuller sound, you can always check to see if this guy is available.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/spector-lede-080107.jpg

So far I like the results you've achieved. Your abilities are much better than you have let on since I've known you.

mrmudcat
April 20th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I agree simple ,under and or not processed, raw ...............does it for me!!:beer:

Blaze
April 21st, 2008, 06:19 AM
Really nice feel, reminds me of Daniel Lanois..

Try some licks or sliding chords with a foot volume pedal & a good reverb to get your slide stuff fade in , it s sound just like a pedal steel..

Could be nice ..

Is it Phil Spector on the photo , a genius he is but kind of mad too..

Good stuff anyway ,I Like it :bravo:

Blazes

just strum
April 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
Is it Phil Spector on the photo , a genius he is but kind of mad too..

Blazes

Yep, that would be Phil. Some mad men make for great artists. People say I'm mad, but it hasn't translated to my guitar playing in the way that I would like.