PDA

View Full Version : Let's Have Some Fogerty Tonight

just strum
April 19th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Since Blazes brought up John Fogerty and my song for today's lesson was Born On The Bayou, let's hear and watch some Fogerty.

We'll start with John Fogerty and the song I'm practicing.

2fhYTxH_JvE

slJKIXQgnwI&feature=related

pvyMwXBkvF4&feature=related

I'm sure they've all been posted before, but...

Tim
April 22nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Great clips Just Strum. I have that DVD. It was well worth the purchase of the DVD. It is good that John can finally sing all his hit songs from the 1960s and 1970s.

Jampy
April 22nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Great clips Just Strum. I have that DVD. It was well worth the purchase of the DVD. It is good that John can finally sing all his hit songs from the 1960s and 1970s.

Yea so true, what a crock of S**t that guy must have had to og through just to sing his own songs they he wrote :thwap:

Sblack
April 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
There's just something about Fogerty's roots rock tone -- the gritty voice, the grittier guitar -- that makes me want to pick up my guitar and play.

I have his Live at the Wiltern Theater 2005 concert on DVD, and every song is played with guts and grit. Thanks for posting this.

sunvalleylaw
April 22nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
I'm curious Strum, which guitar do you prefer to Fogerty on? Great clips. Just a good, old American sound.

just strum
April 22nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
I'm curious Strum, which guitar do you prefer to Fogerty on? Great clips. Just a good, old American sound.

I use either my Dot or Ibanez ARC300. I can use the Strat, but I don't get the right sound or at least I haven't achieved it yet.

street music
April 22nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
Just Strum, Thanks man for posting these clips, I have always admired CCR and John Fogerty, he is a great performer. I would like to get the DVD that is one that I don't have.