PDA

View Full Version : Tivo Woohoo

Kazz
April 20th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Ok...I spent some of my GAS money a few months back on an old Series 1 Tivo from ebay....I think I paid 40 dollars for it including shipping....get it home and set it up...and for the first 2 weeks it had the program guide and everything....free trial I guess....after that it could only be used to manually record programs...kind of like a vcr with none of the extra features that Tivo offers....with the exception of being able to pause and rewind live TV....which for me is the best thing since sliced bread.

I modified the Series one and put in a 120 gig hard drive for a whole bunch more recording space. I really dig the tivo....so I convinced the wifey pooh that we needed to subscribe to the service so we can have the schedule again...as well as program information and be able to set up season passes. She went for it LOL.

I then told her that if we were going to pay for the subscription we should get a newer TIVO that has more functionality.....she went for that too....well I think I had already won the auction before I told her LOL. I spent another 40 bucks on a used Series 2 Tivo....got it home unpacked it and checked it out....pretty cool....so I hook it up in our bedroom as the S1 is(was) in the living room on our 56" widescreen.

I did some surfing and research collecting and found that I could order a new Dual Tuner Series 2 Tivo which means I can record 2 programs at once which I could not do with the Series 1 model......and I can get the Tivo for free on a special promotion with Kids Zone which gives us the power to restrict what the kids watch on the tv....Ok...so we had agreed to do the TIVO thing anyway.....now I can get a free 80 hour dual tuner model along with the service which is 12.95 a month...but the features are ultra cool and way better than any cable company provided DVR....trust me on this folks.

Yesterday while taking a break from the spring cleaning I hit the Tivo button to see what extras are in there...and I find FREE GUITAR LESSONS that I can download into it using our wireless network.....check that stuff out boys....

Tivo Guitar Lessons (http://www3.tivo.com/tivo-tco/cds/info.do?mixId=tivo:mx.1533521)

So I set it up to record all new lessons which come out on Mondays as well as go back and download all the old beginner and intermediate lesssons...I know I am not ready for the advanced stuff so I am not going to take up any space on the TIVO until I am ready.

I watched one quick lesson on strumming yesterday before getting back to work...

Needless to say Ole Kazz is a very happy guy right now....Video Lessons on the big screen that I can pause and rewind and do whatever I need to and learn more at my own pace.

I am very excited about this new find.

just strum
April 20th, 2008, 07:51 AM
TrueFire provides some good stuff. I have a free CD they offered and I've heard others talk about purchases they've made from them - I think you will get some good lessons out of that free feature.

mrmudcat
April 20th, 2008, 07:58 AM
cool!!