PDA

View Full Version : Expensive vices, AKA GAS

tjcurtin1
April 20th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Just read Tone's lament on GAS, and then found myself at Duh Voodooman's home page looking at his Vox amp info, when, following another link on his site, came to this, in reference to computer gear GAS (sorry, DVM, not to 'out' you or anything..)

"fortunately, I don't have any other expensive vices!"

What! Hey, how did you convince yourself that guitar collecting is a cheap little hobby (and more to the point, how did you convince your wife...?)

Childbride
April 20th, 2008, 08:03 PM
you get your wife to play guitar with you, then everything you gain becomes mutual toys. you both get to play. :D

just strum
April 20th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I might push to have DVM change his name to the GASinator or the GASman or GASzilla or....

warren0728
April 20th, 2008, 08:33 PM
i like gaszilla...but then i'm a fan of the old godzilla movies! :beer:

ww

Kazz
April 21st, 2008, 04:15 AM
I see Warren and I have something in common....my favorite is Godzilla vs Megalon.....cheesy yes...but I still love it. Jet Jaguar just kills me!

I guess the only thing they could have done to make the Godzilla franchise any better would have been to team him with Bruce Lee LMAO

duhvoodooman
April 21st, 2008, 06:55 AM
Just read Tone's lament on GAS, and then found myself at Duh Voodooman's home page looking at his Vox amp info, when, following another link on his site, came to this, in reference to computer gear GAS (sorry, DVM, not to 'out' you or anything..)

"fortunately, I don't have any other expensive vices!"

What! Hey, how did you convince yourself that guitar collecting is a cheap little hobby (and more to the point, how did you convince your wife...?)
Just to clarify, that quote comes from about 2004. At the time, I owned one electric guitar--my '89 Strat Plus--and a crummy little Fender SS amp to torture its tone with, and had had both since '97 or so. I bought my Epi Elitist LP in Dec. '05, my Vox AD30VT to play it through in Jan. '06, and the madness ensued from there. When GAS took over, I pretty much dropped the PC building & modding stuff, and pretty much have just maintained what I had as of late '05.

So maybe I should amend that line to say that "I don't have any more than one expensive vice at a time!" :D

tjcurtin1
April 21st, 2008, 07:48 AM
Ahhh! the delights of 'misery loves company'!:D And here I thought you were a long-time guitaraholic, DVM... Once again, I find myself in good company - I went through a period of computer gassing - not too bad since I'm a cheap Yankee at heart - and then stumbled into guitar gas. Again, fortunately, I do more gassing than buying, but still.... it is indeed a curse!:rolleyes: