PDA

View Full Version : Blind Melon - a band I forgot for a while

sunvalleylaw
April 21st, 2008, 03:47 PM
The cool thing about my big old school iPod is sometimes I run across a band I have forgotten about. Here is one, and one of their songs I completely forgot about but still really enjoy. Lot's of good, funky sounding guitarishness in this.

NISeJCeKUgs

Do you ever just run across old tunes/bands you forgot about?

just strum
April 21st, 2008, 04:24 PM
Steve - another good post.

thanks,

merlin
April 21st, 2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah Blind Melon...
Here is a clip of theirs that I watch every now and then. This performance on Letterman was the same day they found Kurt Cobain dead. Since Shannon is no longer around I find this song very touching.
If you were in college in the early 90's these bands played a big part of your life.
g4H5vsQM7z8

Childbride
April 21st, 2008, 04:44 PM
like them lotses.

and yes, it's easy to forget what jewels you have in the collection until you have friends over for pool playing and supper and dig through the stuff you listened to 'back when'.

it's like finding 20's in all your jeans pockets. or something. :D

sunvalleylaw
April 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah Blind Melon...
Here is a clip of theirs that I watch every now and then. This performance on Letterman was the same day they found Kurt Cobain dead. Since Shannon is no longer around I find this song very touching.
If you were in college in the early 90's these bands played a big part of your life.

Good one. I almost posted the studio produced vid of that song along with "Tones". I had not seen the live one yet. Yeah, I was post-college/law school and in the Seattle area, and those bands did play a big part in that time of my life. It is too bad so many from that era of bands died or suffered due to drugs, alcohol and addiction. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam just off the top were affected in one way or another.

On a lighter note, CB, I thought for a minute you meant like finding "your 20's" rather than twenties as in bills. Yeah, but it is kinda like that too.

Childbride
April 21st, 2008, 05:09 PM
they both kinda fit, and they both make me smile. :D

Kazz
April 21st, 2008, 06:37 PM
I loved Blind Melon...Shannon was so incredibly talented.....I cant say I have ever forgotten about a band....I may think that it has been a very long time since I heard a particular song....but I can always recall the band.

merlin
April 21st, 2008, 10:49 PM
Good one. I almost posted the studio produced vid of that song along with "Tones". I had not seen the live one yet. Yeah, I was post-college/law school and in the Seattle area, and those bands did play a big part in that time of my life. It is too bad so many from that era of bands died or suffered due to drugs, alcohol and addiction. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam just off the top were affected in one way or another.

On a lighter note, CB, I thought for a minute you meant like finding "your 20's" rather than twenties as in bills. Yeah, but it is kinda like that too.

I can't imagine how great it would have been to be in Seattle during that time.
I would like to add the Smashing Pumpkins to your list. Their early stuff was amazing.

CB, I first thought you meant 20 years old too. I like them both.

just strum
April 22nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
I would like to add the Smashing Pumpkins to your list. Their early stuff was amazing.

+1:AOK: