PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from my underground lair

marnold
April 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
My daughter needs a room of her own now so my office gets bumped into the basement. The bad news is that it's almost always cold down here. That'll be nice in July, rotten in January. The other problem is that when we're in this season where neither the furnace nor the air conditioner run much, it can get a bit humid down here. We've got a dehumidifier for that. The good news is that it affords me a bit more peace and quiet for my work. On top of that, I can crank my ampf louder without disturbing the rest of the troupe. The big problem is that I still have several boxes of crap to work my way through.

luvmyshiner
April 23rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Cheer up Marnold, sounds like a great MAN CAVE!!:beer:

Spudman
April 23rd, 2008, 08:41 AM
Basement lairs can be a good thing.:)

Get a small efficient space heater for the chill and close the door. Once the walls and furnishings are heated up the room will stay comfortable for a long time.

Put up some posters of outdoor scenes that have a lot of material in them. Big vistas, lots of subjects. This will keep you out of the clastro-zone and allow some expansion for your creative brain. A Miss Makita poster seems to work also.;)

Don't ask how I know these things.

sumitomo
April 23rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Marnold,sounds like we might hear some good blues from ya,Yea its cold and lonely down here,but I can crank my amp up,Yea its so cold and lonely down here I had to knock the ice off of my pups.Sumi:D

marnold
April 23rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
I actually don't mind the cold--except that the circulation in my shortened fingers isn't that good anymore. The only issue I've run into so far is that I only have a little windows that I can't see from my desk. I have no idea what time of day it is by the sun or by activity upstairs. Gotta glance at my Red Wings clock more often. As far as decorations go, I can look at my 1997 Michigan National Champs flag or my Schnitzelbank poster. Does that count?

Of course, the beer fridge is downstairs :)

ted s
April 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Maybe you should decorate it like the inside of a woodshed ?

Brian Krashpad
April 23rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Only thing I miss about up norf: basements.

Except when they flood of course.