PDA

View Full Version : Central CA checking in

DRPool
April 24th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Hey all,

New to this forum, but a regular on a couple others. I've been playing about 3 years and got a decent collection of gear, including:

Reverend Roundhouse HB
Hamer Standard
Agile Goldtop sw/P-90s
Squier Limited Strat
Affinity HSS strat (project/guinea pig)

Amps:

Classic 30 w/112e cab
Vox AD30
Roland MicroCube

Damage Control Womanizer, Zoom G2.1u, assorted toys, stomps and a lot of crap that doesn't get used.

Looking forward to hearing some stories and getting an edumacation from y'all.

dp :beer:

sunvalleylaw
April 24th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Welcome DRPool! I have been playing about a year less. Have learned a lot here. Enjoy!

DRPool
April 24th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Welcome DRPool! I have been playing about a year less. Have learned a lot here. Enjoy!

Thanks Sunvalleylaw.

How are things up there, I've made a couple trips up there to support the local economy. You're a fortunate man.

SuperSwede
April 24th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Welcome DRPool!

Warren will soon give you a proper greeting.

Robert
April 25th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Welcome, nice collection of gear. Enjoy your stay.

luvmyshiner
April 25th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the Fret DRPool!

sunvalleylaw
April 25th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Thanks Sunvalleylaw.

How are things up there, I've made a couple trips up there to support the local economy. You're a fortunate man.

It is variable spring weather and quiet right now. About like this but more melted out now. http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=6730 :) The yard you see in the pic is melted off and the grass is growing. Skiing is done for the year. Lot's of snow still up on the hills, in the shade in the valley and on the trails, with flowers coming up and birds arriving. Still quite brisk with some winds as well. Basically mountain spring. Thanks for coming up and visiting the area. Yep, we are lucky to live here. Let me know next time you do. I have a standing offer to buy a beer for and visit with any visiting fretters! :beer:

P.S. That 112e extension cab sure looks interesting! I love my Combo, but had never heard about that extension cab before. Tell me more! :)

Spudman
April 25th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Welcome Dr P.
Womanizer eh? I'll bet that is a lot of fun.;)

Algonquin
April 25th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the Fret
Cheers :beer:

warren0728
April 25th, 2008, 08:13 AM
welcome drpool....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Tone2TheBone
April 25th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome!

DRPool
April 25th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the hospitality. :AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
April 25th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Welcome Dr Pool! I lived in Santa Cruz for a while.

How does that Womanizer sound? Does it work well direct?

DRPool
April 25th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Welcome Dr Pool! I lived in Santa Cruz for a while.

How does that Womanizer sound? Does it work well direct?

Thanks tot_Ou_tard,

The womanizer running in front of my C 30 has eliminated all need for additional OD or Dist pedals. Once in a while I'll pick up something else but it gets sold or traded ou quickly as it just can't stand up to the Womanizer. They have a a great video demo on their site. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Womanizer demo vid (http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/pedals_ind.php?pedal=1)

oldguy
April 26th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Welcome to TheFret, DRPool! :beer:
That was a cool video for the Womanizer. That bald guy did a nice job demo'ing it.:AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
April 26th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks tot_Ou_tard,

The womanizer running in front of my C 30 has eliminated all need for additional OD or Dist pedals. Once in a while I'll pick up something else but it gets sold or traded ou quickly as it just can't stand up to the Womanizer. They have a a great video demo on their site. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Womanizer demo vid (http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/pedals_ind.php?pedal=1)
I've seen it many times. I was drooling for one when they first came out. You don't hear much from owners. They should drop the dumb magic-eye thing though.

Brian Krashpad
April 28th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Hi DR!

I believe we've already met. ;)

DRPool
April 28th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Hi DR!

I believe we've already met. ;)

Indeed, what's up BK?

snarph
April 29th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Hey DRPool

Its a pretty nice place to hang around kind of homey

duhvoodooman
April 30th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Welcome to TheFret, DRPool! Good collection of gear you've got going there! :AOK: :rockon:

Brian Krashpad
May 1st, 2008, 10:59 AM
Indeed, what's up BK?

Same ol' same ol'. This place is nice, pretty much a drama-free zone, unlike some others. :D