PDA

View Full Version : Funky girl

Robert
April 25th, 2008, 08:56 AM
This girl has good funky timing.

9cqW-WU5Usk

Katastrophe
April 25th, 2008, 09:10 AM
That's it.... It's now time to turn the guitfiddles into firewood.

She does have great timing, tone, phrasing, vibrato, and all that good stuff.

Good find, Robert!

Tone2TheBone
April 25th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I dig that. Nice wide neck on that guitar too. Notice how she's scraping a lot of those licks. Very cool. I think girls make the best guitar players.

aeolian
April 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM
From the domain name I'm guessing she from Korea. I've seen some impressive players come out of Asian countries.

She does have excellent skills. What impressed me the most is how she strums to play the melody while at the same time keeping the ka-chink, ka-chink rhythm going. One thing I have noticed though is that many of these Asian players don't look like they enjoy playing. Maybe they actually do, but they don't show it in their expression. I am Asian, sometimes when I play I have a big ol' grin on my face except I don't play as good as they do.

Tone2TheBone
April 25th, 2008, 10:09 AM
....She does have excellent skills. What impressed me the most is how she strums to play the melody while at the same time keeping the ka-chink, ka-chink rhythm going....

That's the scraping I talked about. Kinda like an SRVish style in picking all the strings to get that thicker string tone.

sumitomo
April 25th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Yea I thought she has good phrasing/vibrato.Now she needs a guitar face.:DR Sumi :D

rkwrenn
April 26th, 2008, 07:03 AM
She plays quite well. She has a couple of other vids on YT as well.

Anybody got a linky to that Doobie Brothers backing track???

Cheers

Bob

tremoloman
April 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Just another reason I love asian women - great looks, great licks, and great manners. :)

M29
April 26th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Man all that with a good length of fingernail. I have to have total nubs to play and she can do all that with fingernails:rockon:

M29

Jipes
April 26th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Really a nice tone and a great swingy articulation and funky rythmn chops that's right :dude: