PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite jam song?

Robert
April 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
When you play at home, what song(s) do you jam away on?
When you jam with someone else, which song(s) do you end up playing?

For me, I like to play simple blues songs or simple jazz standards when I'm by myself.

When I jam with others, I do whatever seems most appropriate. I do like songs like "Superstitious" and songs with good rhythm.

Naz Nomad
April 25th, 2008, 03:21 PM
"Down In The Tube Station At Midnight" ... closely followed by "A Town Called Malice" :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
April 25th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Right now a simple blues like the Bm backer that sounds like "Thrill is Gone" or a straight A, D, E kind of blues, and/or Black Magic Woman.

Childbride
April 25th, 2008, 04:51 PM
when Shiner and i jam, it's usu stuff like Buffet, Eagles, John Denver, America...

and every Pearljam officially starts off with everyone playing Margaritaville! :D :beer:

pie_man_25
April 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM
2 songs that I know each instrument off by heart:
1) sunshine of you love, by cream
2) unknown soldier, by the casualties,
there's more, but those are the top two.

street music
April 25th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I don't have very many songs on my list yet and I haven't played with one other than my son or instructor: that being said " Down On The Corner", Smoke on The Water, Yesterday or Hotel California, or a good little blues session.

Tone2TheBone
April 25th, 2008, 10:56 PM
It depends on what I've been listening to during the week. Sometimes I play Beatles songs on my Martin or Strat and sometimes I'm remembering Pagey licks on my Les Pauls or when I'm digging the sound of one of my Strats through the Blues Jr. or Marshall and I'll rip off assorted licks from greats like Robert Renman, Super Swede, Duhvoodooman, Spudman, Oldguy, Justaguyinc, Marnold, M29, Bloozcat, Plank Spanker, Algonquin, Shiner et al. :)

tremoloman
April 26th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I like jamming to all kinds of things, but I'd have to say my all time favorite is cranking any song from Muddy Waters "King Of The Electric Blues" (http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1088671) CD. Every song is a blast to jam to. You can click on the link to hear sound clips... AWESOME CD. I think it is a great CD to use when teaching new students how to solo. This is the CD that got me started.

"Mannish Boy" is my favorite blues song ever...

pes_laul
April 26th, 2008, 08:06 AM
lately "Cold Shot" by SRV there's also another by Phish but I can't quite remember the name.

sumitomo
April 26th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I seem to like any blues in A or G and Black Plastic Woman! Sumi :D

Robert
April 26th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Black Plastic Woman... hmm, that rings a bell... either I've played that song or I met her somewhere.... :D :D

sumitomo
April 26th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Hey you liver alone cheese mine! Sumi :D

Spudman
April 26th, 2008, 06:52 PM
It's usually some original idea or whatever I'm learning. This week it's Diamonds, Oye Mamacita (Los Lonely Boys), Crosstown Traffic (Hendrix), Deja Voodoo (Kenny Wayne Shepherd), and Crossfire (SRV).

bigoldron
April 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Free Bird (what else?) or LaGrange or "real" Doobie Brothers (pre-McDonald Days) such as China Grove or Long Train Runnin'. :rockon:

marnold
April 27th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Sweet Home, Chicago (aka Every Blues Song Ever Written :) )

LagrangeCalvert
April 27th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I gotta say Road House Blues.....The Doors

My band does a 20 minute live version.....I do a solo, trade off with the bassist, switch and play slide.......the drummer breaks it down.....the frontman does his thing.... the crowd sings some lines.... its a great time for all.

dws
April 28th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Hm...on my own OR with others, "Sunshine Of Your Love" and The Allmans' "Blue Sky" are two of my favorites. I also like "Wonderful Tonight" and when I want to have fun with my wah, anything Jimi (although I always feel guilty trying to play as well as him).

All blues work alone for me, e.g. B.B.