PDA

View Full Version : what 2 pedals

robert43
April 26th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Hi all I am thinking of buying some pedals 2 at the moment what 2 do you recommend for bass ( no multi , no volume ( have 1) & no wah)
I was thing reverb , chorus , delay & compression which 2 & why thanks

t_ross33
April 26th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I have a Behringer Bass Overdrive and a Bass Chorus that I like. I don't use them much, but they do provide some interesting effects. My little bass amp has compression/limiter on it already.

Depending on the style of music you are playing, my recommendation would be a compressor/limiter for a really tight percussive tone and something to give you a nice tube overdrive effect.

:dude:

Spudman
April 26th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Compression is a must for bass.
Delay is kind of pointless for bass unless you are in Pink Floyd. Fuzz or distortion can be good but you need to consider the style of music you'll be playing. Is it appropriate? Wah - not used very often. Probably the most widely used modulation effect on the bass is chorus.

Get a compressor for sure and then take any extra money and get some good strings. You'll be good to gig with just that and when you start raking in the cash then you'll have enough playing experience to know what else you'll want or not.

andyl
May 3rd, 2008, 03:42 PM
how about the Visual Sound Route 66 overdrive/compressor pedal, that thing looks really really sweet!!! and 2 pedals in 1, can't go wrong really can you???

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-Route-66-American-Overdrive?sku=151682

Rabies
May 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Compression is a must for bass.
Delay is kind of pointless for bass unless you are in Pink Floyd. Fuzz or distortion can be good but you need to consider the style of music you'll be playing. Is it appropriate? Wah - not used very often. Probably the most widely used modulation effect on the bass is chorus.

Get a compressor for sure and then take any extra money and get some good strings. You'll be good to gig with just that and when you start raking in the cash then you'll have enough playing experience to know what else you'll want or not.

+1 on the compressor. My second recommendation would be multi, but you said no multi. Why no multi? You could kill many birds with one purchase...:confused:

robert43
May 3rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
Hi I have had a lend of a Multi & I could never really work it out it was a Digi BP50