PDA

View Full Version : Japanese girl Hiromi Uehara - what a piano player!

Robert
April 26th, 2008, 11:38 AM
She's not even 30 years old! She is already a Master. Wow, and wow. :bravo:

She's got insane chops, talent, impeccable timing, plus the looks. That's about all a person needs, eh? She plays jazz predominately, but she does fusion stuff too.

Watch her play, doesn't she just seem to love playing music more than anything else? She doesn't have the stone face some musicians have - I think that's great. I bet she would amazing to see live.

She seems to be able to handle any genre too. Insanely good! Thanks Spudman, for letting me know about this girl.

I must say, I have not heard many jazz players from Japan, male or female. She fills the void!

Here's Tom & Jerry
D0ERlIvwhAU

Chick Corea and Hiromi playing Chick's tune "Spain"
BRU1o-sCnqY

Here she is with her trio - Love & Laughter
lviFjwS5Vr0

Chick and Hiromi playing "Summertime"
S2m4Oy9TWmo

just strum
April 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Amazing!!!

A true talent can make it look so easy. It's also enjoyable when they look like they are having fun, it gives the appearance that they don't take themselves so serious that they don't feel they are above the audience.

Great post!!!

Spudman
April 26th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Insanely good! Thanks Spudman, for letting me know about this girl.

You are most welcome my fleet Grasshopper.

Blaze
April 27th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Natural talent , gorgeous lookin , a mix of the last 50 years best piano players..Oscar would be impress..

Nice

:bravo:

Jimi75
March 25th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Beautiful talent! Thanks for posting.

Spudman
March 25th, 2011, 09:23 AM
She's got a new album too. It's under Hiromi's Sonicbloom - Voice, and it features Simon Philips on drums. So far my favorite album of hers is Brain.