PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Donahue...good grief...

Rabies
April 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM
srcJZTE_Fjg

Then a little insight to some of his technique...wow:

TJaSZxZJFV0&feature=related

warren0728
April 27th, 2008, 09:33 AM
wow...that is unbelievable :master:

ww

Spudman
April 27th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Ya, it's too bad none of those guys can play very well.:D

I attended a guitar clinic in New Orleans with John Jorgenson and got to spend some time with him afterward. Nice guy. Obviously he can play too or he wouldn't be playing with Sir Elton John.
Long live the Hellacasters!:master:

Rabies
April 27th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Ya, it's too bad none of those guys can play very well.:D

Yeah...they have cool guitars...now they just have to learn to play. :D

Robert
April 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
They need lessons....:D

Rabies
April 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM
They need lessons....:D

I think the guy that does all of that crazy multiple string bending needs instruction in proper guitar technique. :D

jpfeifer
April 27th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I was fortunate enough to see the Hellacasters play live when I lived in L.A. It was in a little venue in the back of Macabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica (BTW: Macabe's is one of the coolest guitar stores ever, if you haven't been there before, make a visit there the next time you are LA)

All 3 of these guys in the Hellacasters are amazing players, but some of these double-string bending things that Jerry Donahue does are just incredible.

Thanks for posting this.

-- Jim

marnold
April 27th, 2008, 04:31 PM
When I was still planning on fixing my Charvel Tele, I was going to use a push-pull for a Jerry Donahue mod. Basically, it's a phase switch with a capacitor to cut off some low end from the neck pup. That way the low end from the bridge isn't canceled out, giving a pseudo-Strat "quack" tone.