PDA

View Full Version : Boss DD 20 Giga Delay

ZMAN
April 27th, 2008, 11:55 AM
My daughter gave me a gift card for Christmas, from GC. I didn't get a chance to get down to visit her until last week. I live in Canada and she live in Maine. I visited the local GC in Portland and was looking for a Carl Martin Red Repeat. They didn't have one but the did have the DD 20. So I used the gift card and some cash and purchased it.
I had been looking for a delay pedal for some time. I spend an hour with it today and this thing rocks. I can't believe the options it gives you. I know I will never get to half the things it can do but it is pretty cool.
It can give you up to a 23 second delay. Man I don't know who would use that but some of the affects are amazing.
If anyone has any experience with them I would like to pick their brain down the road on how to get the most out of it.

Spudman
April 27th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Two reasons to indulge.
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5821

Robert
April 27th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I have one. It's a wicked pedal. For what it costs, you get a lot of cool features, but it also SOUNDS great! Very good sound quality to my ears.

ZMAN
April 27th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Great minds think alike. I didn't know you had one. I have a couple of questions. The batteries that came with don't do a damn thing.
I am using a Boss psa wall wart, and it seems to work fine. The backlight only stays on for about 30 seconds. Is that normal?
I have been reading the manual and I am slowly getting used to it but. There doesn't seem to be an on off switch. I guess you just pull the plug.
Any help would be great.

Robert
April 27th, 2008, 01:51 PM
You need a power adapter for it. I use a 1-Spot adapter. The left footswitch turns the pedal on/off.

ZMAN
April 27th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Robert: I am using the Boss PSA Adaptor. I know the left footswitch turns off the effects. But the power light still stays on. So I guess you have to pull the plug for it to be "dead".
My other concern was that the Backlight on the display turns off after about 30 seconds. Is that normal?
I guess the batteries that they supply are pretty bad because they do nothing.
I haven't tried another set of batteries, and I don't intend to use them but someone down the road might, and I guess I have to make sure it works.
I hope I didn't get a dud!

ZMAN
April 30th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hey Robert: I was hoping to get an answer on a couple of issues with the DD 20. Could you take a look at the thread and give me a quick answer?
The damn thing sounds so nice I just want to make sure it isn't faulty.

Robert
April 30th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Yes if you want to turn it off, you have to unplug it. I don't know why you would want to turn it off though, if you are using it.

The backlit display - I don't remember, I'll have to go look at my pedal and get back to you in a bit.

Batteries would be useless for this baby.

ZMAN
April 30th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks Robert. When I put my pedal board away I don't ususally unplug the board, I just turn off the effects. All of them the light go out. On the DD20 they stay on so I must pull the plug on it.

Robert
April 30th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Let the lights stay on, they're pretty. :)

ZMAN
May 18th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I found a great tool that a lot of people don't use. It is called the manual.
I decided to read it and found out a whole bunch of things about the operation of this pedal. The light does work you just have to turn it on. DUHH. as far as an on/off switch there are none you just pull the plug. I have found a whole bunch of really good presets on it and it is a great part of my board now.

just strum
May 18th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I found a great tool that a lot of people don't use. It is called the manual.

Huh, a whah??? Is that Latin?