PDA

View Full Version : leaving for Vegas in 6 hrs. help !!

ted s
April 29th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Wifey-poo and I are going to Vegas for our 16th aniv.
We're not big gamblers, maybe some slot machine action, that's about it.

Any cool guit-shops I should check out. I'm going to pack a multi-tip screwdriver in case I find something with a bolt-on neck, fit it in the suitcase.
Tips/advise ? any and all welcome.

thanks

Ted

Algonquin
April 29th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Yup... don't forget to feed the cat! :D

warren0728
April 29th, 2008, 12:14 PM
they've got some good rollercoasters...better bet than gambling! I don't know of any local guitar shops...there was ed roman's place (i think it is still there) but i've heard his reputation is suspect!

ww

Spudman
April 29th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Might as well hit Ed Roman's. He'll have a large selection.

Looks like the original Asia is playing the House Of Blues on Saturday. Otherwise it's Barry Mannilow and Menudo.
http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?Content=C-NV_Las%2BVegas&By=City&PSKey=Y&StartSearch.x=9&StartSearch.y=10

sumitomo
April 29th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I always check out the pawn shops,Vegas has some big ones compaired to Reno,so I'll bet (and this is the only betting I do)that there is a few good guitfiddles to choose from.Sumi :D

Robert
April 29th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Cowtown Guitars. Go there.

snoglobe
April 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Cowtown Guitars

http://www.cowtownguitars.com/

How many suitcases are you taking? You're allowed two pieces of checked baggage per person, so if you take one case down you can come back with a new guitar in a hardshell case. A buddy and I brought back two guitars that way from Houston. No problems.

Bomber
April 29th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Do yourself a favor and check out the duelling piano bar. See if you can stump them. One of the best nights i have ever had and free!

Its in Paris.

Oh . . . you probably left already.

ted s
May 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
What a crazy place ! Weather was fantastic, Hoover dam amazing, hotels are insane with excess. Total gambling was $20 in a bandit by my wife.
Lots and LOTS of walking, my feet are kill'n me ! Never made it to "old" Vegas or any music shops. Didn't see any CSI filming WTF ? I thought I could be a dead Canadian tourist for a day ?! That will have to be another time along with renting a car.
I don't have any serious vices myself, but I can see how someone with problem gambling, sex or booze habits could get themselves into some serious trouble there..... crazy town... :messedup:

just strum
May 3rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
...but I can see how someone with problem gambling, sex or booze habits could get themselves into some serious trouble there..... crazy town... :messedup:

So what you are saying is the rest of us should be very careful.

Welcome back Ted, sounds like you had a lot of fun.

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I don't have any serious vices myself, but I can see how someone with problem gambling, sex or booze habits could get themselves into some serious trouble there..... crazy town... :messedup:
Is that the best line you could come up with?

Save your stories for the kiddies :D ;) :D.