PDA

View Full Version : 102 members and only a few members post everyday?

Tone2TheBone
April 19th, 2006, 04:02 PM
How come? Post peeps post. It's too stagnant around here. But stick to the topic at hand.

warren0728
April 19th, 2006, 05:12 PM
i agree....sometimes i try to think up topics just so there are new posts....in fact i'll start one right now about my cool equipment experience last night....of course not in this thread so we stay on topic! :DR

ww

duhvoodooman
April 19th, 2006, 07:16 PM
...in fact i'll start one right now about my cool equipment experience last night....
Then I must find it and throw in my spurious 2 cents immediately. It is my raison d'ĂȘtre!! :D

Tim
April 19th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Maybe people are busy practicing their scales! I also need to spend more time practicing than typing.

duhvoodooman
April 19th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I also need to spend more time practicing than typing.
Geez, thanks for reminding me! :( ;)

Tone2TheBone
April 19th, 2006, 08:07 PM
hahahaha

Anymore posters?

Spudman
April 19th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I have a Leif Garrett poster. Does that count?

I too have been typing too much and need to play more. Sorry.

warren0728
April 20th, 2006, 05:12 AM
I have a Leif Garrett poster. Does that count?
uh it counts for something....something very scary ;)

ww

Tone2TheBone
April 20th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Does Leif even play a guitar? Maybe he'll post something....

Spudman
April 20th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Well, I was going to mention my Shania Twain poster, but I thought you guys would laugh at me.

warren0728
April 20th, 2006, 07:14 PM
give me a shania twain poster over a leif garrett poster anytime!

ww

SuperSwede
April 23rd, 2006, 07:33 AM
I havent had the time to visit the fretnet for a while. I have been on holiday and havent been home much. I hope that all you guys are alright!

Guitar-Chris
April 23rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
I havent had the time to visit the fretnet for a while. I have been on holiday and havent been home much. I hope that all you guys are alright!

So was I: On the easter vacation in the alps. And surprisingly we had half a meter snow overnight!!. Two days later grass was green again.

So, today I'm back again, and I think I will post again.

Tim
April 23rd, 2006, 11:55 AM
It's Ok that you guys were on vacation. Next time we all go with you. Can you image all of us Fretter's playing our acoustics as we hike through the Alps? Boy, that would be a trip.

SuperSwede
April 25th, 2006, 01:54 AM
I was in Denmark for a few days. I managed to do some beer shopping so you are all welcome for a brew :)

Tim
April 25th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Have one for me!

Tone2TheBone
April 25th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I'm so there!

warren0728
April 25th, 2006, 08:45 AM
i've heard of carlsberg...but not marlbo...better have one of each...just for research purposes of course :D

swede....is that really you?

ww

duhvoodooman
April 25th, 2006, 11:51 AM
swede....is that really you?
It better not be! I have a moral objection against any fretters who can drink that much beer and stay that skinny! :eek:

SuperSwede
April 25th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Well take it or leave it, im the one on the picture :D

Maribo is a really fine danish beer!

Tim
April 25th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Dont look at me when you say that. I have slowed down about 14 years since my younger days. The weight is still here!!!! YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Katastrophe
April 25th, 2006, 12:23 PM
What, Swede, no cape? Because of your screen moniker, I kinda pictured you swooping in, rescuing the bored masses from a tone free and tele-less existence!;) :D

OOOOOHHHHHH... I get it. You were out incognito!:DR

warren0728
April 25th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Maribo is a really fine danish beer!
wonder if it is available here in the states...i could check out some specialty shops.

ww

SuperSwede
April 25th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Katastrophe, yes I was enjoying a bit of privacy.. All those crazy fans can be a bit tiresome ;)
The tele was at home, but I played a real nice one (broadcaster replica) in a danish music store.

Tone2TheBone
April 25th, 2006, 01:02 PM
wonder if it is available here in the states...i could check out some specialty shops.

ww

I'll bet you the local college package liquor store has it...I'll check this week.

Spudman
April 25th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Swede
If that is you in the picture then who is the tall older guy hauling the beer around?

duhvoodooman
April 25th, 2006, 06:46 PM
If that is you in the picture then who is the tall older guy hauling the beer around?
You're hopeless, Spuds. It's his dad, obviously. C'mon, use the brain God gave you.... :rolleyes:

Spudman
April 25th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I kind of like his purple jacket though.

warren0728
April 26th, 2006, 05:14 AM
hey....anyone who needs a handtruck to bring his beer purchase home is ok in my book!

ww

Spudman
April 26th, 2006, 08:06 AM
You're hopeless, Spuds. It's his dad, obviously. C'mon, use the brain God gave you.... :rolleyes:

Brain?! I thought they said "drain" and I said that I already had one. Sheesh. I miss out on all the good stuff.

Tone2TheBone
April 26th, 2006, 08:38 AM
hey....anyone who needs a handtruck to bring his beer purchase home is ok in my book!

ww

LMAO. You said it Warren.

SuperSwede
April 26th, 2006, 01:51 PM
That purple jacket is my favourite.
You can have it when I have grown out of it Spud! :D

Spudman
April 26th, 2006, 08:37 PM
That's awful big of you. ;-)

r_a_smith3530
April 26th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, I've been in a training class for my new gig these past couple of weeks and haven't had much spare time. The little that I've had has either been devoted to the kids or practicing.

As for Shania Twain, I can do better than a poster, I have a DVD of her concert in Chicago! Not only can she sing, but this lady has a very firm grasp on the concept that sex sells!

As for diddy-boppin' through the Alps with acoustics, I have a Pignose, and will be running off batteries!!! :DR :DR :DR

Ha, ha ha!

warren0728
April 27th, 2006, 05:01 AM
The little that I've had has either been devoted to the kids or practicing.
come on man....get those priorities in order! :D :DR

ww

Tone2TheBone
April 27th, 2006, 08:27 AM
As for Shania Twain, I can do better than a poster, I have a DVD of her concert in Chicago! Not only can she sing, but this lady has a very firm grasp on the concept that sex sells!

As for diddy-boppin' through the Alps with acoustics, I have a Pignose, and will be running off batteries!!! :DR :DR :DR

Ha, ha ha!

Shania....whrewwwwwwwwww

Hey Rob, do they make Pignoses for Bass? :)

Spudman
April 27th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Here is a variety of Pigs noses. Enjoy. Funny, but they mostly have to do with alcohol.

Here is a pig nose and bass. I'm not sure if the pig nose is specifically for the bass or not.

http://www.photocreative.com/photoblog/Pigs_nose_5D.jpg
http://www.landbigfish.com/images/fish/LBF_Large_Bass.jpg
http://www.internetwines.com/rws18644.html

http://www.frankneubauer.de/model/schweine.htm

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/16/16815/Pigs_Nose/East_Prawle

blogan
April 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I was hoping for pictures of Shania and instead you post a pig nose?! :eek:

Myles
April 28th, 2006, 12:38 AM
I was hoping for pictures of Shania and instead you post a pig nose?! :eek:
Pics of Shania can be found on Google.

Pig noses can be found on thefret.net

That's just the way it goes my friend.

r_a_smith3530
April 28th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Shania....whrewwwwwwwwww

Yeah, no doubt about that bro!

Hey Rob, do they make Pignoses for Bass? :)

I'm not sure whether or not pig's noses like bass (they'll eat damn near anything else!), but no, there is no bass specific Pignose amp. So far mine has held up to the couple of times that I've plugged my bass into it, but I've kept the volume down when doing so.

Here, if it works, is a pic of Shania for Blogan.

http://fanclubshania.free.fr/Shania_Twain/maxim/shania-maximcover.jpg

warren0728
April 28th, 2006, 05:14 AM
i love the quote beside her shoulder (i like her shoulder a lot too)..."i make really good soup"

ww

duhvoodooman
April 28th, 2006, 05:18 AM
i love the quote beside her shoulder (i like her shoulder a lot too)..."i make really good soup"
Yeah, I know what you mean. The first thing I thought of when I saw that photo was, "Gee, I wonder how her soup is?"

warren0728
April 28th, 2006, 05:36 AM
i'm guessing her soup is real good ;)

ww

Spudman
April 28th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Who cares about her soup...where did she get her lingerie?

Tone2TheBone
April 28th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I smell off topic...no WAIT I smell soup...and besides it's Open Mic so I'm good.

Whrewwwwwwww wrewwwww wrewwwww...she is a lovely specimen of the female species.

blogan
April 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Here, if it works, is a pic of Shania for Blogan.

Now wasn't that better than a pig nose? :R

duhvoodooman
April 28th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Now wasn't that better than a pig nose? :R
Yeah, but I think the pigs may have had their noses pressed against their computer screens....

blogan
April 28th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah, but I think the pigs may have had their noses pressed against their computer screens....
Ewww. :( Smells like time for this.

Spudman
April 28th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. God, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Good one.

SuperSwede
April 29th, 2006, 01:46 AM
How about a few barbecue pig noses and a couple of Maribo brews? :)

MMm.... pignoses..

warren0728
April 29th, 2006, 07:05 AM
How about a few barbecue pig noses and a couple of Maribo brews? :)

after a few of those maribo's i would give the pig nose a try. Heck i tried duck tongue at this little restaurant in china town in nyc a couple of years ago. They brought me a plate of whole duck tongues. The worst part was you can't just pop them in your mouth and chew them up...they have a piece of cartilage down the center of the tongue so you have to kinda chew the meat off from around the cartilage. Not my favorite dining experience, but an adventure!

ww

SuperSwede
April 29th, 2006, 08:19 AM
ewww.... well I have eaten cow tongue and it was not that great either.

r_a_smith3530
April 29th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Cow tongue I can live with. If prepared right, it's like the poor man's corned beef. Smoked ham hocks, I'm down wit dat! But pig's noses and duck's tongues? Not down my gullet, and you can make book on that!

Now, if you want a real experience, go down to your local Oriental Market, pick up some dried shrimps (they come in a package like dried peppers), and some nouc mam (fermented fish) sauce. Serve this up with liberal amounts of '33' beer! You eat this, you beau coup dinky dau!!!

SuperSwede
April 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Fermented fish sauce sounds like a real treat :D

Anyone here that has eaten "haggis"? I am really curious on how that filled sheep stomach tastes. There sure exists a lot of strange foodstuff around the world.

r_a_smith3530
April 30th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Fermented fish sauce sounds like a real treat :D

Anyone here that has eaten "haggis"? I am really curious on how that filled sheep stomach tastes. There sure exists a lot of strange foodstuff around the world.

Hey Spud, do a little quick research on what the casings of your average breakfast links or Italian sausage are made from. At least then you'll know what pig intestines taste like for a comparison!

Spudman
April 30th, 2006, 09:13 AM
It doesn't matter to me. I never eat that stuff anyway. However, I do enjoy Larks Tongues In Aspic.

SuperSwede
May 1st, 2006, 01:34 AM
It must have been years since I ate aspic... I remember that it was rather wobbly and tasteless :D

Tone2TheBone
May 1st, 2006, 08:51 AM
Ok what is Aspic?

SuperSwede
May 1st, 2006, 09:58 AM
Well, think of jelly. Then add pieces of meat/other stuck in to it. Bon Appetite :D

Tone2TheBone
May 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM
*throws up*

tot_Ou_tard
May 1st, 2006, 10:27 AM
Ok what is Aspic?
It's the clear jelly like substance covering SPAM.

It sounds horrible, but is really just jellied broth.

warren0728
May 1st, 2006, 12:52 PM
sounds like something they would make you eat on "Fear Factor"

ww

SuperSwede
May 1st, 2006, 12:56 PM
I found one here, but they can look very different as well..

http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/drpepper/aspic.jpg

warren0728
May 1st, 2006, 01:29 PM
jello from hell!

ww

Tim
May 1st, 2006, 02:06 PM
All I can say is: UCK!!!

Tim
May 1st, 2006, 02:08 PM
Am I on the right forum??? I though this was a guitar forum!

I sure am glad I haven't eaten dinner yet. Here I though aligator, rattle snake and possum was bad eaten.

warren0728
May 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM
Here I though aligator, rattle snake and possum was bad eaten.
i've had both alligator and rattlesnake and both were good...never had possum before...i promise :D

ww

tot_Ou_tard
May 1st, 2006, 02:18 PM
jello from hell!

ww
.......Hell-o!

Tone2TheBone
May 1st, 2006, 02:34 PM
All I can say is: UCK!!!

Tim - :eek:

made me laugh. :)

warren0728
May 1st, 2006, 04:06 PM
.......Hell-o!
you got it tot..... :D

ww

tot_Ou_tard
May 1st, 2006, 04:19 PM
http://www.ratlines.com/IBEWmjfrog5.jpg

Hell-o, my baby, hell-o my tasty,

Hello my gelatinous gel ...

Spudman
May 1st, 2006, 08:56 PM
Actually...it was an under the radar reference to a King Crimson song "Larks Tongue In Aspic". Am I the only KC fan around here? I thought someone would get that for sure cause I would never eat snail sweat.

Tim
May 2nd, 2006, 03:51 AM
I had snail before. They are tasty little morsels. They are small so you have to eat them slow. Then you can dig it!

tot_Ou_tard
May 2nd, 2006, 06:07 AM
Actually...it was an under the radar reference to a King Crimson song "Larks Tongue In Aspic". Am I the only KC fan around here? I thought someone would get that for sure cause I would never eat snail sweat.
I not only understood the reference but have the album.

SuperSwede
May 2nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
Tim, Snails are rather nice little chaps.. I prefer them in garlic sauce.

Tim
May 2nd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Me too there SS!

warren0728
May 2nd, 2006, 02:36 PM
i always feel a little sluggish after eating snails :D

duhvoodooman
May 2nd, 2006, 02:50 PM
i always feel a little sluggish after eating snails :D
I had a good friend who was a snail, and had a beautiful red Porsche with a big letter "S" painted on the hood. When he'd zoom down the street, everyone would say, "Look at that S car go!"

(I'm sorry; the devil made me do it.)

Spudman
May 2nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
That was funny Voodoo. And I never saw it coming.

Tone2TheBone
May 2nd, 2006, 05:24 PM
I had a good friend who was a snail, and had a beautiful red Porsche with a big letter "S" painted on the hood. When he'd zoom down the street, everyone would say, "Look at that S car go!"

(I'm sorry; the devil made me do it.)

...wasn't that a line in an Eddie Murphy movie? (Trading Places)

Bloozcat
May 17th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Now, if you want a real experience, go down to your local Oriental Market, pick up some dried shrimps (they come in a package like dried peppers), and some nouc mam (fermented fish) sauce. Serve this up with liberal amounts of '33' beer! You eat this, you beau coup dinky dau!!!

Hmmmm....

Sounds like someone who's been there....;)