PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Vox 120VTX?

Robert
April 30th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I looked at http://www.voxamps.co.uk

I can't see any of the VTX amps. They used to have a 60 watt, but it was discontinued. Not that long ago, I saw the 120VTX there. It was a stereo amp with much more "stuff" than the regular Valvetronix amps; programmable patches, more effects, better sound (apparently), etc.

WHERE ARE THESE AMPS? :mad:

I don't see anything on that site that would make up for the loss of such a useful amp.

Algonquin
April 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Not sure. I think I recall Jim Pfeifer posting about this amp in his arsenol...

Definately was a nice offering from the good folks at Vox, too bad if it's not available anymore.

David

jpfeifer
April 30th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, I still use my 120VTX all the time. I love it. It's my main amp. It's a great amp for covering just about any style of music. My only worry is that Vox doesn't seem to be making these any longer.

I see used ones all the time at Guitar Center so I would expect that you can find them on Ebay for a decent price.

I'm sold on the whole idea of modeling amps anyway. I know that they're not everyone's cup of tea but when you find a good one, one that feels pretty darn close to the real thing, then they're great to have for covering lots of sounds.

-- Jim

duhvoodooman
May 1st, 2008, 01:38 PM
Discontinued now, apparently. Usually, when a fairly new product disappears that quickly, it's because of either (1) lack of sufficient sales volume, or (2) excessive warranty costs, or both. I suspect #1, because that product line was fairly pricey--though well worth it, from all I read. And there are already some well-established competitors in that market segment, notably Line 6.

Robert
May 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM
I am very surprised they don't have a replacement for it. Something similar but less expensive. Maybe something is coming, who knows. It sure seemed like fantastic sounding amp. I've never heard a Line 6 amp sound that good.

Katastrophe
May 2nd, 2008, 06:45 AM
It sure seemed like fantastic sounding amp.

It was. I don't know if the models were different on the 120 VTX, but they sounded more realistic than they did on the AD**VT models I've played, and those, as you know, sound pretty darn good. The Celestion NeoDog speakers were great, and there was a ton more flexibility than the other models. I hope that Vox puts out another version, 'cause I wouldn't mind having that one in the stable.:D

jpfeifer
May 2nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Since I'm using this amp all the time I'm not sure how it compares to the other Valvetronix models because I haven't played those very much. But one of my friends has one of the ADxxVT series and it sounds great. Before I had the 120VTX amp, I used a Fender Cybertwin . The Vox has a much more realistic tone and feel (especially on the Marshall and Vox tones). The NeoDog speakers are excellent too. They sound great at low volumes or cranked up.

One of the amp models, which I really like on this, is the one called Boutique OD. This is supposedly a model of a Dumble amp. This is one of my favorite models on the amp for lead playing because it's really fat sounding and cleans up nicely when you back off on the gain.

-- Jim

sumitomo
May 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
There is a couple of these amps on e-bay. Sumi :D

TS808
May 9th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Yes, they've definitely been discontinued. Vox is choosing to go with the ADxxVT series amps and the ADxxVT XL series instead of the "blue" Valvetronix line. I guess they maybe weren't selling well.

Word is too that Line 6 is discontinuing the Flextone series as well..

SuperSwede
May 10th, 2008, 12:22 AM
The tonelab and the vtx have the same amp sims. Its a bit strange that they discontinued their top end modeling amp.

They have nothing now that can compete with the Line 6 Vetta amps (which the 120 vtx really could do.)