PDA

View Full Version : sunvalleylaw added as Moderator

Robert
May 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
sunvalleylaw has been added as Moderator to technique, pedals, acoustics and open mic forums.

Thanks Steve!

Tone2TheBone
May 1st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Wooo hoooo welcome aboard my friend!

Algonquin
May 1st, 2008, 10:44 AM
Atta Boy Steve ! :AOK:

just strum
May 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM
SVL, do you get the free guitar once you are accepted or is there a probation period?

Keep an eye on Spud.:poke:

Oh, and congrats.:AOK:

Spudman
May 1st, 2008, 10:51 AM
Congratulations Sunny boy!
Sorry that the free guitars were only given out the first 5 months after the forum started. Who knows?
Keep an eye on that Just strum guy.

sunvalleylaw
May 1st, 2008, 10:51 AM
SVL, do you get the free guitar once you are accepted or is there a probation period?

Keep an eye on Spud.:poke:

Oh, and congrats.:AOK:

I put in for a complimentary ZYS, and DVM said he would send it to me for shipping and handling of only $185 so there ya go! ;) :rotflmao: Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad I can help out a little in this nice, respectful place.

luvmyshiner
May 1st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Hey congrats Steve! Now ya' get to wear those fancy pink uniforms and go to the annual dance.:beer:

warren0728
May 1st, 2008, 10:58 AM
oh boy...a lawyer as a moderator.... :thwap: :rotflmao:

ww

luvmyshiner
May 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM

ww

Hmmm, good point Warren, I didn't even think about that. Hey Steve, ya' gonna start re-writing the fretter's constitution now? :D

sunvalleylaw
May 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM
Nah, it is kinda like when I am pursuing my ski interests, and other outside interests, I try not to wear my lawyer hat too much in guitarworld. I will endeavor to restrict the loquacious and verbose oral reciprocations, be they infallible or fallacious illustrations of logic, to a modicum in measure to proper decorum . . . harumph, harumph, harumph . . . . . :pancake:

warren0728
May 1st, 2008, 11:43 AM
I will endeavor to restrict the loquacious and verbose oral reciprocations, be they infallible or fallacious illustrations of logic, to a modicum in measure to proper decorum . . . harumph,
i knew it...starting already! :poke: :thwap:

ww

WackyT
May 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM
Congrats Steve. :bravo:

Spudman
May 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Nah, it is kinda like when I am pursuing my ski interests, and other outside interests, I try not to wear my lawyer hat too much in guitarworld. I will endeavor to restrict the loquacious and verbose oral reciprocations, be they infallible or fallacious illustrations of logic, to a modicum in measure to proper decorum . . . harumph, harumph, harumph . . . . . :pancake:

Oh brother!:thwap:

duhvoodooman
May 1st, 2008, 01:14 PM
Eschew obfuscation, as I always say.... ;)

Spudman
May 1st, 2008, 02:46 PM
Apparently Sunny boy doesn't have access to this forum yet so we can say anything and he'll never know.

duhvoodooman
May 1st, 2008, 03:31 PM
Apparently Sunny boy doesn't have access to this forum yet so we can say anything and he'll never know.
Perhaps you could explain then about his two posts earlier in this thread?? :confused:

player
May 1st, 2008, 03:35 PM
Congrats SVL aka Steve

sunvalleylaw
May 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Perhaps you could explain then about his two posts earlier in this thread?? :confused:

As part of the mod squad (I get to drive the Triumph), I have my ways! :AOK:

just strum
May 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
I put in for a complimentary ZYS, and DVM said he would send it to me for shipping and handling of only $185 so there ya go! ;) :rotflmao: Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad I can help out a little in this nice, respectful place.

Is DVM taking advantage of the high gas prices to raise his shipping costs? Oh wait, he's cutting you a deal because if he was charging you full price on fuel, your cost would be $260.

oldguy
May 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :D

"I didn't get a harumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harumph."
"Harumph."
"You watch yer as$."

:rotflmao:

mrmudcat
May 1st, 2008, 08:58 PM
Congrats brother!!!:beer: :bravo:

M29
May 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM
Congratulations Steve :bravo:

M29

peachhead
May 1st, 2008, 09:35 PM
Eschew obfuscation, as I always say.... ;)

gesundheit!

congrats! :D

t_ross33
May 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
There's a new Sheriff in town :beer::AOK:

Tim
May 2nd, 2008, 05:54 AM
In the words of Bob Marley "I shot the Sheriff'". :bravo:

You will do well Steve.

Katastrophe
May 2nd, 2008, 06:27 AM
Congrats, SVL!:AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
May 2nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Heading to the Techniques, Pedals, Acoustic, & Open Mic forums to make a little mischief ;).

...wait how would that be any different?

Never mind, congrats Steve!

R_of_G
May 2nd, 2008, 06:35 AM
Way to go Steve!!!

good for you, and for us.

Childbride
May 2nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
WOOHOO! Congrats, SVL!!! :AOK: :D :beer:

Kazz
May 2nd, 2008, 05:40 PM

ww

This Warren cat has tapped into my computer lately.

warren0728
May 2nd, 2008, 05:51 PM
This Warren cat has tapped into my computer lately.
true....and i am shocked!! :eek: :nono: :spank:

ww

SuperSwede
May 6th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Whoho... SunvalleySteve! Mr Moderator :)

Tone2TheBone
May 6th, 2008, 09:20 AM
LOL I liked what Algonquin told him in Facebook it was classic.

..."There's a new Mod in Town!

And he's the Law... SunValleyLaw :)"

LMAO

sunvalleylaw
May 6th, 2008, 11:32 AM
High Plains Drifter, baby!
http://bp2.blogger.com/_w1Wa1wm8VYE/Rt95bU08BwI/AAAAAAAAAoc/hV18xYBscYs/s1600-h/150_eastwood_pale_rider_195.jpg

From Paler Rider, shot here in the Sawtooths.

just strum
May 6th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I just recalled reading where all the members of The Who were mods - Steve, it's the big time now!!!

Algonquin
May 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
What's nice around here is that the Mods go about their business and it's seamless... almost transparent. Not that their efforts go unrecongnized or appreciated, it's just like the Fret is a well oilled machine!

Thanks Gents :AOK: I would be disappointed in myself if I ever stepped too far over the line, that a Mod had to tell me to take a step back.

Quote: If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. The DL

tot_Ou_tard
May 6th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I just recalled reading where all the members of The Who were mods - Steve, it's the big time now!!!
Ahhhh, so now I understand why there so many silly headlights on their scooters.

But really they don't dress nearly sharply enough to be Mods.

Spudman
May 6th, 2008, 09:21 PM
What's nice around here is that the Mods go about their business and it's seamless... almost transparent. Not that their efforts go unrecongnized or appreciated, it's just like the Fret is a well oilled machine!

Shhh. We don't really do anything.

sunvalleylaw
May 6th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Ahhhh, so now I understand why there so many silly headlights on their scooters.

But really they don't dress nearly sharply enough to be Mods.

Me neither. I am on the cusp of Boomers/X'ers and I claim more of a slacker X'er thing. I am too much of a slob to be a mod. I do things like wear Crocs, sometimes even when I play guitar. :thwap:

Yep, things run pretty smoothly here for the most part, due to the general respect displayed by the fretters. Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Here is one more Clint shot from the Boulder yurt we visit. Caption on the bottom of the shot reads: "Clint Sat Here."

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/ClintSathere.jpg

Spudman
May 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM
EDIT: Here is one more Clint shot from the Boulder yurt we visit. Caption on the bottom of the shot reads: "Clint Sat Here."

Is sat spelled correctly? :D :rotflmao: :D