PDA

View Full Version : While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Spudman
May 2nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
While My Guitar Gently Weeps is one of my favorite all time songs because...it's about guitars. What could be better?

Turn it up.:dude:
http://www.box.net/shared/pqqhrliyow

I found a good backing track and had some fun. It's all my guitars and voices.

just strum
May 2nd, 2008, 10:36 PM
While My Guitar Gently Weeps is one of my favorite all time songs because...it's about guitars. What could be better?

Turn it up.:dude:
http://www.box.net/shared/pqqhrliyow

I found a good backing track and had some fun. It's all my guitars and voices.

Again, another nice job:AOK: :bravo: :AOK:

Spudman
May 2nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Again, another nice job:AOK: :bravo: :AOK:
Thanks mate.:)

Rabies
May 2nd, 2008, 11:12 PM
That is top notch! :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
Wow, we should have put the full court press on you a long time ago for clips! That is really, really great! You have contributed to my iPod this week! :R

Spudman
May 3rd, 2008, 08:24 AM
Wow, we should have put the full court press on you a long time ago for clips! That is really, really great! You have contributed to my iPod this week! :R

Uh oh, I'm a pod people.:eek: Oh well, it's cool. I'm glad that you liked it.

helliott
May 3rd, 2008, 09:16 AM
What can I say other than :dude: :beer: :rockon: :AOK: :master: :master:
Can you post the BT? Your playing is amazing. Thanks for sharing it.

R_of_G
May 3rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
VERY nice Spud. thanks a lot for sharing it with us.

warren0728
May 3rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
excellent spud....makes me realize how far i have to go! :bravo: :beer:

just curious....how many tracks did you lay down and in what order....i am assuming that was you harmonizing with yourself.....good stuff....

definitely ipod material! :AOK:

ww

Spudman
May 3rd, 2008, 10:45 AM
excellent spud....makes me realize how far i have to go! :bravo: :beer:

just curious....how many tracks did you lay down and in what order....i am assuming that was you harmonizing with yourself.....good stuff....

definitely ipod material! :AOK:

ww
First thing I did was to finger pick a rhythm track. Then I did the main vocal. Next was the lead guitar and then the harmony vocal. The TLC is side chained on another track.:) The lead track is the only one that isn't take 1. It is take 2.

Justaguyin_nc
May 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Just simply SPUDtastic!!

:bravo:

You have gone to my top "YOU RAWK" list!

:bravo:

Brother your playing and vocals both have it all..
how dare you make us wait years to hear this out of you!!!:poke:

Sudtastic man!!
must be the majic in "The Luke"

Spudman
May 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks Justa.
I just haven't been playing with a band in a while and since doing the open mics it kind of got the juices going again.

warren0728
May 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
First thing I did was to finger pick a rhythm track. Then I did the main vocal. Next was the lead guitar and then the harmony vocal. The TLC is side chained on another track.:) The lead track is the only one that isn't take 1. It is take 2.
so you started with a basic rhythm/drum backing track and added your own finger pick rhytym ....and forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by the "TLC is side chained on another track"?

i really want to start recording as a learning tool....for instance i'm working on "born under a bad sign" and have the main licks down (more like a bass lead) and want to combine that with a rhythm track and then the main lead (improvised) tracks (still afraid to try vocals! :eek: :puke: )

that's why i am so interested in your "process".

again...i really enjoyed it! :AOK:

ww

Katastrophe
May 3rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'm really digging your take on this track. There seems to be a bit more urgency in the guitar and vocal, which to me gives the song an entirely different feel, while still paying homage to the original.

Very nice, Spud, and the tones are absolutely smokin'.

EDIT: I just finished "Weeps," and this clean jazzy bluesy number came on afterward. Is that you?

Pickngrin
May 3rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Wow!

tjcurtin1
May 3rd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Yikes! The Spud unleashed! Fabulous stuff, my friend - I can only dream...

Also one of my all-time favorite songs, and you do it real justice.

Spudman
May 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
I'm really digging your take on this track.
EDIT: I just finished "Weeps," and this clean jazzy bluesy number came on afterward. Is that you?

Thanks Kat.
For some reason my Box.net account lets the next song automatically play and so on. So yes the next tune is me and the next and the next.

warren0728
May 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
For some reason my Box.net account lets the next song automatically play and so on. So yes the next tune is me and the next and the next.
cool...tateradio! :bravo: :rotflmao:

ww

sumitomo
May 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
YEA!!!!!!(stop it already I'm burning my hand with this lighter)Just teasing great job and I agree with Kat rushing it a little it put a good flavor to it :bravo::rockon: Sumi:D

Kazz
May 3rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
This is great....that will be going on my ipod too....wow.

street music
May 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Spud, First let me say that While My Guitar Gentley Weeps is one of my all time favorites , that I have been gradually trying to play myself.
YOU FLAT OUT ROCK ON THIS SONG ! The added touch you gave it yourself is very nice , vocals great. The blues song after is right on :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

stingx
May 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Spud I just saw this post and gave the track a listen - AWSOME vocals, guitar, hell the whole production is just fantastic. :master:
Love the soloing on this to bits - oooh that tone!

ted s
May 3rd, 2008, 06:49 PM
Very nicely done Spud, It would appear Spudz is a ringer who's been keeping his cards quite close to his chest around here for a while.

Spudman
May 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
....and forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by the "TLC is side chained on another track"?
ww

Tender Loving Care:beavisnbutthead:

warren0728
May 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
i thought that might be it....but then thought it might be some super secret technical guitar thingie that i should already know about! :beer: :whatever:

ww

aeolian
May 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
That is plain awesome! Miles ahead of us mere mortals. You are surely the Big Spud Kahuna. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us.

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2008, 10:57 AM
:master: :master: I'm in awe Luke Skyrawker. :master:

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
:master: :master: I'm in awe Luke Skyrawker. :master:

Thank you most kindly.:)

duhvoodooman
May 4th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Hey, I just found a new online radio station! WSPD, playing all your favorites (even the ones you haven't heard yet) and featuring killer guitar tone & technique! For FREE!! :AOK:

Seriously, Steve--these cuts are very, very good. Most of us here can only dream of being able to play like that. Extremely impressive! :master: :master: :master: :rockon: