PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

just strum
May 2nd, 2008, 10:54 PM
Obviously there must be more NHL fans here, than NBA fans. I just want to say GO CAVS - it was a good series against Washington. I thought, like most NBA followers that the CAVS would be headed to Boston, but it will have to wait one more game. Atlanta has surprised everyone and pushed the Boston/Atlanta series to game seven. I still feel the CAVS will head to Boston, but it will take until next week before game one begins.

For those that are familiar with the NBA and the playoffs - How can anyone say LeBron is overrated? Tonights stats against Washington - 27 points, 13 rebounds and 13 assists and the triple-double was achieved before the end of the third quarter .

That's my comment from the rare NBA fan here at thefret.

mrmudcat
May 2nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
:thwap: There have been some crappy officiating in the Hawks Celts series.:whatever:

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
I was a casual NBA fan back in the 70's through into the 90's but my team is the SEATTLE Supersonics. The developments with the sale of that team make it to depressing to think about. A long, proud history in that area, but alas. I have very fond memories of listening on the AM radio to the championship series games way back when with Tommy Burleson, Slick Watts and "Downtown" Freddy Brown, among others. Now that it is getting down to it, I will probably pay attention, pick a team, and watch a bit.

marnold
May 3rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
The Pistons woke up and finally dismantled the Sixers. They'd better not nap against Orlando. If Boston beats Atlanta--which I expect--the Celtics/Cavs series could be very interesting. Both teams looked unbeatable at times and utterly vulnerable at times.

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
Ok, without knowing anything more, I am throwing my support in for Boston. Go Boston!

warren0728
May 3rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
well since i live near orlando and am a florida native....i gotta pull for the magic (my son and i have been to a few of their games this year and dwight howard is a monster!)....but it is a long shot! :beer:

ww

just strum
May 3rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
The Pistons woke up and finally dismantled the Sixers. They'd better not nap against Orlando. If Boston beats Atlanta--which I expect--the Celtics/Cavs series could be very interesting. Both teams looked unbeatable at times and utterly vulnerable at times.

Both the Pistons series and the Boston series are a bit of a surprise. I think both teams are vulnerable to talented youth, as both the Pistons and Celtics are aging. The Pistons always have the edge in the fact they have been there and they know how to dig in and win the big games. As for Boston, although they are revamped, they are still pretty old by NBA standards. When it comes to overrated imho, Paul Pierce is very overrated. In todays NBA he is average to good, but certainly not a force.

If Boston wins Sunday (highly probable), the Boston/Cleveland series could be the series to watch in the second round. I haven't followed the West Coast teams with the exception of the Spurs. That is a team that cannot be counted out to repeat last years performance. They didn't make a lot of noise in the regular season, but they are a force in the West that has great defense that can shut down the run and shoot offense that is predominant out west.

Oh, and Warren, Dwight Howard is more than a monster and every game he proves why he wore a cape in the slamdunk contest.

warren0728
May 3rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Oh, and Warren, Dwight Howard is more than a monster and every game he proves why he wore a cape in the slamdunk contest.
absolutely...without him we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. i like to see keeyon dooling playing well....my son went to an orlando magic basketball camp last summer for a week and keeyon came and talked to the kids for about 45 minutes....really nice guy :bravo:

ww

marnold
May 3rd, 2008, 08:00 PM
Very impressive first game by the Pistons. Howard's hand is injured too. Detroit can throw an wide variety of big men at him. When those big men hit their shots, watch out. The big thing that is different from years past for Detroit is that they've got kids like Maxiell and Stuckey that they can trust to give quality minutes. Previously, if the starting five couldn't get it done, it wouldn't get done. Now as long as their minds don't wander . . .

Childbride
May 3rd, 2008, 08:32 PM
go hometown team... go spurs... :D