PDA

View Full Version : Cheap CD's

just strum
May 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
I figured I would post this here, since it's about purchasing good music to listen to. I was looking on Amazon and noticed a section "Customers viewing this page may be interested in these Sponsored Links" - so I went to justthedisc.com which is a place that sells CD and DVD's without the packaging. CD's are $2.99 and DVD's are $3.99 - free shipping if you buy 5 or more.

Has anyone dealt with them before? - just wanted to see if I could get some feedback before I give them my money.

Rabies
May 3rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
I figured I would post this here, since it's about purchasing good music to listen to. I was looking on Amazon and noticed a section "Customers viewing this page may be interested in these Sponsored Links" - so I went to justthedisc.com which is a place that sells CD and DVD's without the packaging. CD's are $2.99 and DVD's are $3.99 - free shipping if you buy 5 or more.

Has anyone dealt with them before? - just wanted to see if I could get some feedback before I give them my money.

I've never dealt with them, but you made me curious. I went there and searched a couple things, and not really much of a selection for the things I searched for. I get the feeling that these discs and dvds are probably used...sans packaging...there would be multiple hits for the same disc. :confused:

Rabies
May 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
I've never dealt with them, but you made me curious. I went there and searched a couple things, and not really much of a selection for the things I searched for. I get the feeling that these discs and dvds are probably used...sans packaging...there would be multiple hits for the same disc. :confused:

For instance...search 'Led Zeppelin' in discs..:AOK:

just strum
May 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
They are used, but CD's can take a beating. I ordered two Stevie Ray CD's, two Hendrix, and two Clapton for a total of $17.94-free shipping.

I'll report back when they arrive.

just strum
May 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
When I came back from lessons my CD's were waiting for me. Packaged in paper sleeves with cellophane window. I played three of them so far and they sound great and appearance is good (no scratches), definitely a deal at $2.99 each and free shipping.

sunvalleylaw
May 10th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Good to know!

just strum
May 10th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Played the rest of them and nothing wrong with any of them. Not bad for $18

Here is the CD's that I purchased

Hendrix:
Rainy Day, Dream Away
BBC Sessions - Disc Two

Eric Clapton:
Crossroads - Disc One
From the Cradle

SRV
Texas Flood
Couldn't Stand the Weather

just strum
May 11th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Focusing on the Clapton CD's this morning. I wish I would have taken one of those "Play like a pro in 4 weeks" programs, so I could play along with Eric.

Another shoulda, coulda.:D