PDA

View Full Version : I finally joined the bad monkey club!

pes_laul
May 3rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
With my birthday money we went to firehouse guitars and grabbed me one, I also got me a wide blue diamond strap to match my ibanez. Any suggestions for settings for good tones? also How would I get a stevie ray vaughan sorta tone?

warren0728
May 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
go here ---> http://www.digitech.com/products/BadMonkey.htm#

click on the demo button....there are some starting places...

ww : )

Spudman
May 3rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Ooo ooo ah ooo. (monkey noises):o :drool:

Congratulations. If you haven't ever had a pedal like that before just let me say that there are no limitations no set ways that it has to be set. Just mess with it a lot until you find "you" in it.

Tim
May 3rd, 2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the barrel of monkeys. You in good company.

just strum
May 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Kris,

Congrats, I know you've been wanting that Bad Monkey. I can't tell you anything about them. Now that you bought one, I may be the only one that doesn't have one.

M29
May 3rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
Congrats Kris, I keep going back to that little green monkey. I like it aahhlott:rockon:

No tips on settings other then experiment. I seem to have my tone controls almost all the way up but I am using it on a Valve Junior at the moment that has a small speaker cab. My gain is at 11:00 for a nice blues edge.
M29

pes_laul
May 3rd, 2008, 08:52 PM
well I have not really been able to use it yet, though I messed around with it slightly at the studio. When I get back home I'll hook it up with ny DS-1.

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Be sure and mess around with it a lot and report back. I tend to get stuck on a position very similar to the warm rhythm settings at the digitech site.

markb
May 4th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Do we have a wagon load of Monkeys yet?

Kazz
May 4th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Kris,

Congrats, I know you've been wanting that Bad Monkey. I can't tell you anything about them. Now that you bought one, I may be the only one that doesn't have one.

Nope...I have not got mine yet.....it is high on the list tho.

pes_laul
May 4th, 2008, 04:40 PM
And I got to say I'm really digging it :AOK: I use the Texas blues tone from the digitech site the most.